Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Xtravision JVC DVD Player!!

• 25-03-2003 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

I bought a JVC DVD player from Xtravision at Christmas. The problem is that everytime I want to use the DVD player I have to tune it inot a chaneel on the TV. I have a video and a Digibox aswell. Is it because there is a conflict with one of these? The DVD is connected to the TV via a SCART lead. Any Suggestions???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

if its connected by scart it should only be avaible through the av channel with no need for tuning...ie you press av and it should go straight to the dvd......

do you have two scarts hooked up in which case you have to go to av2 to see the dvd....

there should never be any conflict between your sat box, video and dvd if your dvd in going in through scart....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I've Edited my post as I didn't read your post properly - sorry.

I would say your problem is with your TV. You should be able to switch the TV over to AV (scart). In fact it should do it automatically. There should be no need to "tune" in your TV as the tv should turn over to AV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

or get those rgb scarts off the internet that allow you to record your dvds via ur video....dont ask me where to find them....googleit perhaps........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

or get those rgb scarts off the internet that allow you to record your dvds via ur video....dont ask me where to find them....googleit perhaps........

You need to disable macrovision. I dont know if there is a scart lead that will do that. I had my DVD player chipped when I bought it (from UK) and it had macrovision disabled internally which is a very cool feature.

Advertisement