Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic Logout?

Options
  • 25-03-2003 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Does Boards automatically log you out after a specific time limit???
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Not to my knowledge... some people have reported this though and I'd dearly love to know what the problem is....

Can you try this from another machine? (that will test if its a machine setting or something to do with your account).

I've started a reply in the morning, been called away for the day and come back, finished it and submitted it 8 hours later...

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Moved to feedback to allow people who are having this problem pool intel...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Not a problem im having but rather a suggestion. I can see why other people would want to have a permanent conncetion.

My perspective is that if i forget to log out from a shared pc that i'd like boards to automatically log me out. Per haps this could be a setting in the cp?

Hmmm I'm not sure how we could do that with the way HTTP works... its a static protocol which gets confused over things like that.

Also, its not an option in VBB which means we'd have to hack it in ourselves which is pain when we upgrade for security fixes...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I normally use internet cafés so I need it to log me out in case I forget. I logs me out after about 15(?) minutes of inactivity on boards.ie. If someone else uses the computer after those 15 minutes they will be asked for a password.

If you go to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?s=&action=editoptions

Use the following settings:
    Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies) no
    Browse board with cookies? yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

vbulletin will invalidate your session after a certain amount of time, or your cookie will timeout if you haven't set the "log me out once a year" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

That answers my question. Thanks.
    maybe i should start remembering to log myself out as well though :) .

Advertisement