Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowbane going live soon.

Options
  • 25-03-2003 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Anyone planning on giving shadowbane a go? I've heard very mixed reports from the beta testers. Seems like one of those games you either love or hate so I'm a bit nervious about shelling out the cash for it. Must say tho it sounds nice that after 2/3 weeks of leveling you hit the soft cap and then you can concentrate on PvP and guild/city building/warfare.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Yeah I was going to get it only theres a slight problem in that it won't be released in Europe for the time being. Without explaining it all in any degree of depth basically there was a company in charge of publishing in america and one in charge of publishing in europe. What with our luck the company publishing in Europe went bust and atm the licence to sell the game is in a rather muddy area. I think you can import it from America but since you need to have a credit card from america and an american address you might just end up holding a nice useless box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I'm living in America at the moment and I should have an american credit card soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Wel thats a bit of a balls up, was thinking of getting this aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Dont think the credit card has to be from the states as they tend to be accepted worldwide. Iv played American copies of UO and EQ and never had a problem using an Irish issued credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

There was some game released recently I think it was asheron's call add on and they put in a new credit card verification system. The game was only released in America and so they thought jaysus lads there's no need to warn the rest of the world that our system can only handle America cards. Pile of people bought the game from US sites as usually happens and they all got fecked over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Maybe the credit card doesn't have to be american but your details and address do. It's the same with Xbox Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Sloth
    Maybe the credit card doesn't have to be american but your details and address do. It's the same with Xbox Live.

You can use a site like this -> http://www.myus.com/

Note: I haven't used this service before so I don't know how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Venom
    Dont think the credit card has to be from the states as they tend to be accepted worldwide. Iv played American copies of UO and EQ and never had a problem using an Irish issued credit card.

They aren't all the same though :( Some of the things the companies are doing is farming out the server work to a 3rd party who looks after the servers.

I can't remember the game, some space trader game. Anyway I bought the game thinking I could play with people in the EU. Nope they had sold the rights to play the game to another company so all US copies could only play on US servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i was thinking of playing this for a while but its taken so long that i've decided to give it a miss , plus the mixed reports ive heard etc.

next mmog gonna play will be a skill rather than level game

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

hey guys im Fanamir(Exar Khun is my name on these boards). im in a guild for shadowbane called The Seveth Circle they are mainly american im the only person from Ireland in it i would like to see some of you guys check it out.
    if you plan on playin shadowbane head on over to http://www.theseventhcircle.net we are a good group of ppl and already setting up and name for ourselves we got a town set up allready and everything.

well see ya round

• Advertisement
Advertisement