Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volume defecient pickup!

• 26-03-2003 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I think this deserves a thread of it's own.

I've just put a Seymore Duncan pickup (JB Jr. for Stratocaster guitars).Only problem is that the volume on that pickup is too low in comparison to the other pickups. I followed the instructions and I'm not too bad at soldering so ... I dunno what's wrong.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

What height is it at? If it's too low the volume will drop off drastically. Other than that it'll be the wiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It sounds like it is wired out of phase.
    Check the Seymour Duncan website
    I know that looks like the hotrail pickup, but is the same wiring as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Thanks Giblet, the only difference is that I took my ground from the back of a pot rather than the switch. I'll try it though.
    Don1, the pickup is as high as it can go without touching the strings.
    I've enlisted the help of the kind folks at the pickup lounge

I'll let you know if I get it sorted, but I've been told that phase problems only occur when the pickup is used with other pickups, not on its' own.

Advertisement