Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chels <snip> Arse

• 26-03-2003 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Well I really am pissed off we lost to a good team but had enough chances to get back into it but Arse are too good on the break the funny thing is we actually played well but not well enough in the final 3rd, the midfield went to sleep for the first 2 goals and what was Zenden doing for the 3rd? unfortunatley Eidur has gone backwards since his wonder goal against Leeds but is a shadow of the player he was, Jimmy's touch is gone to be honest his touch is always poor but its worse now, in the second half Lampard ran that midfield and at 1-2 we had a chance. I'm sick of Ellery talking to the players like students.
    Cole should have been on bench instead of Zenden.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Saw the game last night, could have been different at 1 - 2. No effort from Zenden for the third, Pires had a stinker, Cygan....legend! :rolleyes: Nice dive by Zola in the first half :D

Used the interactive part on Sky Sports for the commentary (FanZone or something) with Tim Lovejoy from Soccer A.M. (Chelsea) and Bradley Walsh (Arsenal). Was pretty funny in parts, with David Cellary and Jimmy Floyd Stickleback putting in appearances :)

After a shot from Chelsea goes well wide:
    Bradley Walsh : "What an effort! He's cetainly got the Puma Crowdseekers on tonight" :D lmao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Just about to say the same Okie. Tim and Bradley were very good. Makes a change from the usual boring guys they have on fanzone. Good to hear an Arsenal fan say how bad Cygan actually is and give out about Pires' whinging and diving antics.

When Pires threw himself to the ground in the second half he should have got booked. Gronkjaer did nothing and yet Pires kept moaning.

Thought Ranieris decision to start with three at the back cost them as they were exposed badly for the first two goals. They dominated the game after they reverted to a back four. Front guys had an off night although Gudjohnsens goal was not offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

Yeah Bucks, I am a gooner and I thought that Pires was a disgrace and I laughed and applauded when the drunken blind bald frenchman was sent off !! he goes into your catalogue of dreadful AFC signings for sure !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

he made the same mistake as keegan made formation wise.
    Woulda thought people woulda learnt by now :(

still very wp to arsenal, bastards :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Arsenal played poor I thought, I know they scored 3 but did not really create much more, Chelsea huffed and puffed, and that is all!
    Yeah Bucks, I am a gooner and I thought that Pires was a disgrace and I laughed and applauded when the drunken blind bald frenchman was sent off

Well said, it is about time the FA kicked some hole with this crap, too many "feather" players out there at the minate, the likes of Pires, Jeffers, RVN, Beckham get handed suspensions for acting the beur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

what a frustrating nite, think ranieri got his tactics all wrong for this one , needed to be solid at the back ,4 instead of 3 would have made more sense , and wingers instead of stanic might have kept them back , we bring on gronks and then hardly let him near the ball , then zola goes to midfield , total bloody madness. Viera was outstanding , pires a &*%(* and i think i'm taking jeffers off my christmas card list, parlour is obviously immune from yellow cards despite at least 5 tackles which ellary would normally send anyone off for. and why does henry insist on taking all of chelsea's cigarette lighters ? can't he afford some of his own?
    First time I left a game early this season (87 mins)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Don't think the tactics were wrong, Chelsea had enough chances, you have to take your chances against a team of Arsenal's calibre, otherwise you will be punished, simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

happy with the result. really pissed off with Pires. Cygan paid for his hand on Hasselbaink's chest but i think he over reacted and lost a goal as a result. and like Andy Gray said, why was Stanic not sent off? he had 2 bookable offences yet was only booked for the 1st one. crowds throwing stuff at players really needs to stop. Henry hit again and Lauren almost hit. disgraceful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

That was a good shot on Henry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Yes Stanic should have gone but Pires also dived and Jeffers head butted Petit. I wish Ches went in for Dyer before he went to Newcy., but we have to cope for the time being with what we got but we need someone strong beside Frank in the summer.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement