Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy Microsoft?

Options
  • 26-03-2003 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Hi lads and ladies,

Where in the same of all that is holy in Regi's underpants would someone buy a copy of Visio and/or Project. I've Googled, called and asked about, and no-one in Galway seems to sell Microsoft software. It's sad. I'll buy from anywhere in Ireland, assuming best price.

I know this thread is better suited to other forums, but I'm stuck, and there are lots of beardy Unix nerds out there. I'm scared.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Off the top of my head I'm sure the likes of CK or the other local dealers would sell you what you're after. Otherwise I'd try Komplett or other web based agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

CK Don't sell it, even if they did, I wouldn't buy at their 200% markups.

Komplett don't appear to sell it, but I'll phone them, as I have an order in progress with them anyway.

Cheers.

BTW, I am looking for LEGAL Copies. Tut tut you PMIng warez monkies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

CK do sell it, but like most things they sell, they are often prevented from doing so by sheer incompetence. Also, 200% sounds a bit cheap for CK.

Another to try is www.dcbgroup.com. Again, not cheap, but where needs must and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Softtouch are the man! Cheers lads.

mumble.. mumble. BSA... mumble .. mumble...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.micromail.ie/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/micrmint/shop.pl?item=0&categ=ZZPS

BTW Any idea what's happened to www.pycom.ie ?

Update - rang them - the web site should be back on line in two weeks or so ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

glad to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Red03

hey guys

Try Hibernia Computer Services on 01 6684422 they are Microsoft, HP, IBM Partners, I'm sure they will sort you out!! I have used them alot and never had a problem. www.hibernia.net

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Originally posted by SouperComputer
    try www.softtouch.ie

Heh heh. Great name for a software company:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.sellsoft.ie/ probably would be better as softsell ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Amazon.com dont ship to ireland co.uk do but costs a bit on that site.

Dont microsft sell it direct?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

Capt'n Midnight

You asked back in 2003 what happened Pycom.

Well they have juast gone into liquidation owing lost of money to various suppliers.

Paddyo

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If it's for a college course, you could get a cheap copy through computer services in the college.

Pycom
    Dang ... missed oppoortunity to put in a big order and disappear before the bill came in :(

Advertisement