Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Disco

Options
  • 26-03-2003 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

"RTE are scrapping the wonderful No Disco show in 2 weeks time
    and some good thinking people have started up a wee petition to let
    RTE know how real music fans feel about this. This show is really the
    only outlet for real music and Irish music to get even a minor bit of
    airplay so lets see what can happen."

http://www.petitiononline.com/thumped/petition.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

lol i didnt see the other petition on the board lol. o well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Lets start an another argument on this one for the laugh - everybody can say the opposite to what they say in the other one.
    Everybody should sign this because No Disco is the best thing going for Irish music. Sure it only plays a couple of Irish bands but what do you expect from an Irish scene which has so little talent?
    As far as I can see the only really talented bands in Ireland are the quirky/instrumental/alt-country/ambient doodling-type ones anyway. Anybody else in a band with singing or any kind of verse-chorus-verse structure is just fooling themselves if they think they're good and deserving of airplay.
    Its great that No Disco is such a closed shop; who else can you trust for quality control but those nearest and dearest you.
    No Disco in its current format forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

yeah and the inverse of what i said above too

so

________

etc. etc.

Hey Polarbelly,
    I'll go on Monday if we can all just get along!
    Cheers,
    The Spoilt One.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

yes'm

after all its only the internet, folk dont gotta agree on everything

introduce yourself and i'll buy ya a beverage of whatever inclining

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

if you're going to say something ridiculous spoiltbrat, at least have the idiocy and arrogance to stand behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 fat toni

right on raggamuffin.....its all a bit handbags at dawn..but without the handbags and with out the dawn..no disco was if nothing else an outlet for music, good music, bad music and some times suff you cant even call music, it is a shame its going because it will most likely be replaced with some top 30 pile of crap thats even if it is replaced by a music program, they could even re-run old faircity for christ sake yes it is a black day for all left of field music.............no disco R.I.P

I never really watched no disco form when leagues took over, but the odd time i saw it with uaneen fitzsimons it was good and far better than anything dave fanning could pull out of his ass*

*otherwise known as "face" to those of us with a taste in music

Originally posted by Raggamuffin
    if you're going to say something ridiculous spoiltbrat, at least have the idiocy and arrogance to stand behind it.

Was somebody saying something about handbags at dawn...?

Also I'm actually a little confused - surely its both arrogant and idiotic to suggest that someone having a different opinion to your own is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Out of interest, has anyone here ever made a video, sent it to No Disco and had it refused?

• Advertisement

the world is round
    deal with it

Advertisement