Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with building a new machine

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

that xp 2100 could be good for up to 2.3 gigs mate i had one that did 2.3 nps :)

however i presume its the xdream hsf u are talkin about, that is one noisey fan, even at the lowest setting it offended my ears!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Gandorf

OK, my score in 3D Mark 2001SE @ 1024x768 32bit colour with a MSI GF3 ti200 and old 30.82 dets (I like 'em, they're reliable) is:

dum dum du du du du duuuuuum .... 8759

So, er.... is that any good?

:D

Cyrus, no it's actually a super not-very-good CP5-6J31C which according to Komplett is rated to 2800+ but according to Coolermaster is rated to only 2600+:confused:

I want to buy a Vantec AeroFlow.... I've asked Cat over on the Elara board can he get one for me... I found it in the UK except the site wanted to charge stg£22 for shipping... and the cooler is only stg£24!

Anyone know where I can get one cheap ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

With that card its not bad. Though you could quite easily get a lot higher with a slower main rig (cpu) and a faster gfx card.

try www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk and selecet free shipping u normally get it ;)

or this place is good www.1coolpc.com its in the us but there prices are same as uk only in $ so works out cheaper shippin isnt too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Gandorf

Can't seem to find the Vantec at www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk. They have it at www.1coolpc.com but hmmm... ordering from the states makes me nervous :rolleyes:

I've also been recommended the Thermalright SK-7 . It's cheap (well . . . in the US!) and supposed to be really good.

On the graphics side... I can play the few games I have fine on the current setup. IMHO Trying to keep up with the latest graphics cards is as futile and as money-wasting as trying to always have the latest, greatest CPU. I always buy behind the curve.. hence the XP2100+ rather than something faster. Bang per buck is what you want to go for. When a killer app won't run on your box, then it's time to upgrade....

... unless you REALLY want to of course :)

• Advertisement

ive bought two hsfs from them mate and they are excellent imo :)

del about 1 week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Gandorf
    Can't seem to find the Vantec at www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk. They have it at www.1coolpc.com but hmmm... ordering from the states makes me nervous :rolleyes:

I've also been recommended the Thermalright SK-7 . It's cheap (well . . . in the US!) and supposed to be really good.

On the graphics side... I can play the few games I have fine on the current setup. IMHO Trying to keep up with the latest graphics cards is as futile and as money-wasting as trying to always have the latest, greatest CPU. I always buy behind the curve.. hence the XP2100+ rather than something faster. Bang per buck is what you want to go for. When a killer app won't run on your box, then it's time to upgrade....

... unless you REALLY want to of course :)

...You make mucho sense...I buy on the trailing edge aswell, and leave the bleed edge for those with sense < money :)

Advertisement