Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxnews - O'Reilly

Options
  • 26-03-2003 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

I've been a "fan" of this guy for some time now, he runs a prime time news show called "the no spin zone" (this HAS to be an ironic title).

He never ceases to amaze me: I can't believe he uttered these sentences in the same breath!

"Now back to reality. Until the war ends The Factor will be giving you facts and opinions, but we're going to avoid speculation and rumors. We're still trying to pin down a report from CBS News that claims that an Iraqi prisoner was carrying Cipro. That's the antidote to anthrax. If that report is true, it's obviously very telling anthrax is at the heart of this war."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,82094,00.html

davej

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What amazes me is that they can go on about Anthrax, and they still don't know who sent the stuff that was stolen from some US lab. It's been all kind of swept under the carpet. You don't see anyone getting worried about that? Especially considering a whole range of other nasties were stolen (eg. smallpox).

btw, isn't Cipro an American drug? How would an Iraqi solider get thier hands on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I'm amazed that no-one has voiced the second-most obvious explanation for the supposed discovery of chemical suits in places, and this anthrax-drug, and all the rest....

First of all, if you make chem weapons, you also make chem fighting gear. If you destroy the weapons, you'd still be a raving loony of masterful proportions to get rid of the chem gear because other people may use it on you.

It is highly unlikely from our western perspective, but perhaps less so from an Arab perspective, that the Iraqi's were concerned about the US using chemical weapons....and then blaming same on Iraq. After all....its not like the Iraqi's don't know the US have them...who do you think kickstarted their own programs?

The even more obvious possibility, of course, is that its all good ol' war-time Fick Shun....propaganda if you prefer.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oh how bitter can they be "Of course, we don't know the chaos that the Iraqi military is experiencing, because we're not there to see it."? Fox were chucked out of Iraq about the time that Dan Rather (CBS) got the interview with Saddam. Allegations were then made about these two things being linked and innuendo about Rather being 'in' with Saddam.

In reality I wonder if it had anything to do with Fox's owner Murdoch being pro-war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement