Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arabic Text support download

Options
  • 26-03-2003 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭

Hello all, hope you can help.

I have windows 2000, Internet Explorer version 5.5, Windows NT.

I have tried to download the arabic text support by going to , control panel, add/remove prgramms, add component, selecting arabic text support and then trying to set it up by following the installation options. It then tells me it has to download files I click that, grand it begins setup- then a box comes up and says setup was unable to download the required components, please make sure you are connected to the internet (I am) or try and run setup later:confused: Any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'd imagine you could install it from the CD?
    Could be your firewall or proxy settings... I had a problem with that windows download system before... turned out I needed to (re)install the VBscript (or was it java?) components... which, hair-pulling-out'edly enough, I needed to download via the same update system.

You might try trawling the Microsoft.com knowledge-base, usually you can find the answers you want eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yes, I think the original language support is also available on the installation CD.

Search the CD for a file called something like Arabic.inf
    (probably in a support folder). Right click the aforementioned file, and select install...

This should install the Codepage, fonts, and right-to-left support...

Advertisement