Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Side Projects

Options
  • 26-03-2003 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

We all like certain bands, etc, but I am wondering how many out there like the side projects that band members go about being a part of

My favs for along time have been Down and Infectious Grooves

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Hell yeah... Down are THE best side project EVER. Superjoint Ritual are not that bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Arent down the band formed by the Pantera singer? always meant to download some of their music but never really got around to it :)

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Arent down the band formed by the Pantera singer? always meant to download some of their music but never really got around to it :)
    Yup, they're fookin class! If you like bluesy type music, you'll love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

DOWN rule....buy an album i'd well recommend 1..

its always a good idea to have side projects, the seattle scene was always good for it and look at the great side projects that came out of that, brad, hater, mad season........etc

i like a perfect circle just as much as tool, but certain people dont consider them as a side project. On the "down" subject, i dont think they are near as good as pantera

• Advertisement

Originally posted by hells angels
    DOWN rule....buy an album i'd well recommend 1..
    I thought you said you thought N.O.L.A. was a load of shíte smith! You said II kicked its ass.

They're no where near as good as Pantera. I don't really think they are meant to be better than them either. I'd say most people in side projects do not want the project to be any better than the full time band that they are in because that would just take away from their popularity and could cause fighting in the band.

That is why Pantera at the moment are on the edge of breaking up. Down has just become too big. Phil and Rex are doing their own thing with Down and have left Dimebag and Vinnie Paul to do their own thing. Hopefully it will sort itself out and Pantera will be back on track.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

S.O.D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

OMG, how could I forget one of the greatest side projects ever - S.O.D - quite a funny side project

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Dimebag Darrell left pantera.. Him and Vinnie are in a side-project band called New Found Power.. I don't think pantera will ever get back together now but I heard they are still bound to a contract to release 2 more albums!! Probably a live album and a greatest hits..
    Superjoint ritual aren't bad either but they will never even come close to what pantera was

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Fredrik Thordendal from Meshuggah relesed a side project a while ago. It's called "Sol niger within".

I've herd great things but its as rare as a desent drummer...

Originally posted by Repli
    Dimebag Darrell left pantera.. Him and Vinnie are in a side-project band called New Found Power.. I don't think pantera will ever get back together now but I heard they are still bound to a contract to release 2 more albums!! Probably a live album and a greatest hits..
    Superjoint ritual aren't bad either but they will never even come close to what pantera was
    Dime didn't leave... he just said he was forming a side project of his own. He says he would love to tour with Pantera again. But that won't happen until Phil and Rex come back from their project with Down.

Another high profile side project... Demons and Wizards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Devin Townsends side projects from Strapping Young Lad are class. Ocean Machine, Infinity, Terria and The Physicist....and soon, Evolution Accelerated, his new one. I loves Devy, I does. Been meaning to pick up one of those Down albums too, heard that the 'Bustle in the Hedgerow' album is cool.
    Oh yeah, lets not forget about Ministrys cool side project, The Revolting Cocks. I have two of the albums, are they are hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

Mad Season, Brad, Stone Gossard, Temple Of The Dog. dont really know any other ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Down totally kick the ass. I haven't heard much from the first album though, I only have the "Bustle in your hedgerow" one.

Down "N.O.L.A." is a very good album, better than "A bustle in your hedgerow" IMO. It is alot heavier than Hedgerow though.

Advertisement