Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Flashpoint XBox

Options
  • 26-03-2003 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Before I purchased an XBox , I could have sworn I saw a version of Operation Flashpoint for it. Did I imagine it?

If there is , how does it compare to the PC version?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Yeah I was pretty sure I saw it too. The PC version was a glitchy little bugger and not very console in terms of play dynamic. Still a great game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

it won't be the same game.

You really REALLY need a keyboard for efficient use of the squad commands.

Hopefully they'll have put a bit of time and thought into the control system, which was excellent in the first one (once you learnt the few shortcuts for ordering your men around)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Compatability with the xbox live headset for issuing orders possibly? Just imagine how cool Flashpoint would be on XBox Live, I'd probably buy it again xbox just to play some giant ass multiplayer games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

OF on PC is far from glitchy.
    Keyboard and mouse as always is only way to play any fps [pads suck bigtime] game plus PC has headset too for voice comms.
    If xbox version is anything like xbox version of Ghost Recon it will be muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Its not out yet:

http://www.bistudio.com/games/ofx.html

Original was a little flakey "out of the box", but patches added a load of value to game and fixed all issues. The Xbox controller is half way decent for FPS's, but I sure wouldnt want to play against a mouse toting opponent.

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

I dont mind playing FPS with a pad. I went through a phase a few years ago , where the only FPS's I played were on the PC like Quake 2 HalfLife Quake 3 etc and prefered using the mouse and keyboard due to its quicker accuracy. But with games like Halo and TimeSplitters 2 , I dont care anymore.

I dont play PC games much anymore , mainly becasue I couldnt be bothered upgrading my PC. Plus having to sit at a desk everytime I want to play a certain game can get on my nerves.
    I like to relax in a comfy chair when I play.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I dont mind playing FPS with a pad.

You are a sick-minded turnip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Halo works very well with the pad, 2 analogue sticks is quite usable.

As mentioned a mouse/keyboard combo would poo all over a pad user, but its really not as bad as it seems.

I played Halo through and found it immensely fun to play, the pad did not detract from that at all. Im playing timesplitters 2 now, I dont like their method of aiming very much but its still easy enough to play with the pad...so it can be done :)

Advertisement