Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Hot heat

Options
  • 26-03-2003 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

playing whelans 3rd may...this will be good..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

I am so pissed off that I have to miss this gig (The Vines are playing the Ambassador the same night).
    A Witnness return would be very much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Yeh i think im leaning toward hot hot heat in this one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

The Buzzcocks are playing The village the same night...now that's competition for Hot Hot heat...but the Vines !! i dont think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

nononono..................you all need to get your collective arses down to the music centre on the 3rd May........KINESIS...........theyre the new manic street preachers/placebo/suede/mansun, all rolled into one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stez

I was wondering who Kinesis were and what they sounded like, now I'm definitely not going...ha ha.
    The Buzzcocks...eh?? First I heard of that, I think that's a must.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

March and April are slim in terms of concerts, but come May bands just flood in (ie. Radiohead).
    Yet in the case of the Heineken Green Energy Festival, some of the most potential bands play on the same night (Saturday 3rd).

I have The Vines, The Buzzcocks, Hell is for Heroes (w/ Kinesis) and Hot Hot Heat to choose from, and I can only choose one.

There is a chance that I could go to Hot Hot Heat over The Vines, but its a tough descision that I will make up nearer to the date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭starlet

check out Har Mar Superstar supporting H

stupid finger. Har Mar Superstar anyways...i dunno if its advisable being that close to him though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Yeh a singing Ron Jeremy isnt on the top of my must see list:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

mmm:D that day is my birthday.
    the vines v hot hot = a battle of mediocritcy.the rest are jamie carragher material ( dirt) ill hedge my bets and wait for someone decent to play..................

• Advertisement

Buzzer...Moz aint gonna play, so get you ass down to hot hot heat or the buzzcocks !

who's Ron Jeremy? i don't know about things like that.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ellafur

May 3rd my bday too Buzzer but Hot Hot Heat are doing it for me...and then so much more to look forward to after that gig...:)

Amazing how such a caricature of a man (Ron Jeremy) could have had sex with so many beautiful (i use the term loosely) women...fair play to him though...dunno he's not riddled with aids though

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

moz is set for witness sodium.

hot hot heat v the vines on a birthday doesnt leave me quaking with anticapation,but then again not a lot does................................................................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

Future Kings of Spain are playing the TBMC as well. pretty sure it is on the same night. Far too much choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭madouva

Future Kings Of Spain are playing TBMC on Friday 2nd May.
    What else is on that night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Beck's on at The Ambassador, think both of those are sold out now though.

Jaga Jazzist are playing The Village along with Neosupervital.

Black Dice are on at Whelans. Heavily endorsed by Sonic Youth, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, compared to MBV, Can kinda thing.

Jaga are Norwegian, sound like one of the most interesting options on over de weekend... They're releasing their new album (their second) on Ninja Tune on the same day.

Ten of them in all....
    Mathias Eick – trumpet, upright bass, keyboards + vibraphone
    Harald Frøland – guitars + effects
    Even Ormestad – bass + keyboards
    Andreas Mjøs – vibraphone, drums, percussion + electronics
    Line Horntveth – tuba, melodica + percussion
    Martin Horntveth – drums + drum-machines
    Lars Horntveth – tenor sax, bass-clarinet + electric guitar
    Andreas Schei – Keyboards
    Ketil Einarsen– flute, bass-clarinet, percussion + keyboards
    Lars Wabø - Trombone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

who's Ron Jeremy? i don't know about things like that.....
    He is working in Macdonalds on O'connell st!
    ......at least there is a guy that is the spitting image of him usually working in there at night.

Should I ask if he is still in thebusiness ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's because he has a huge knob, simple as that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement