Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 98SE installation help (fast reply needed)

Options
  • 26-03-2003 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭

ok guys.
    i have 5 networked computers which need to be downgraded from windows 2000 to Windows 98SE for reasons i am not going to go into.

I need the fastest way to do it with the least hassle.

Then i need to share a folder on a computer for evryone to see.

Thats it i hope.

any ideas on the fastest way to do it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

If you are running FAT32 on the five boxes in question the simplest way to do this is.

Insert the 98SE cd and run the setup program.
    You should be prompted to install Windows to an alternative windows directory.

Do that, then delete the original Windows2000 Windows directory.

If the filesystem is NTFS, you will have to format the primary partitions of all five boxes, since DOS (which is what 98SE runs on top of) doens't support NTFS.

alors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

or u cud convert ur ntfs partition over too fat32, using convert c: /fs:fat32 (i think)

Renton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Microsoft claim that NTFS cannot be converted to FAT(32) but Partition Magic can do it.

Advertisement