Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTV card activation delay

• 26-03-2003 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have procured a BBC FTV card from the UK. The call was made to SKY, on my behalf, on Friday last, but I still don't have any new channels and I am afraid to take the card out in case I miss the signal.

Has anybody experienced this long of a delay in getting the FTV card activated? Any ideas why it could be taking so lon?

Thanks,

TD.

Comments

I'm afraid, you will have to ring them yourselves, a delay, of that long is unusual.
    The number on the card with a 0044.
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

add itv (utv) in add channels, then go to other channels and see if u get a picture, if so try adding ch4 ch5 etc
    10906 v 22.0 5/6
    a friend of mine got a ftv card activated nothing came on the epg but they were all there if u add them through add channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by tom dunne
    Hi All,

I have procured a BBC FTV card from the UK. The call was made to SKY, on my behalf, on Friday last, but I still don't have any new channels and I am afraid to take the card out in case I miss the signal.

Has anybody experienced this long of a delay in getting the FTV card activated? Any ideas why it could be taking so lon?

Thanks,

TD.

I got a new one about 4 weeks ago. I waited about 3 days for BBC 1 but i got the other channels ie; ITV, Channel 4 within 4-5 hours. The problem is theses FTV cards might not be such a priority now as BBC is going FTA at the end of May. I think you are going to have to be patient but keep nagging them to send the signal

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I get a few cards done a week and usually after 3-5 hours all channels bar BBC1 are available. However, since the weekend I have had none activated up to now. I rang to get one done on Saturday and two done on Monday and still nothing on any of the cards. I know a guy who got 3 cards done last Thursday and only received the BBC1 on the three cards today after getting the other channels within a few hours.
    The explanation in which he was given was that the software, which they use to activate the cards, went down over the weekend and was only back up and running since today.
    They are now trying to catch up on the backlog of card that either have no channels or no BBC1's on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ah, that might explain it. Anyway, I'm sorted now - the channels have just come through.

Now the big debate on whether or not to cancel my sky subscription....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

Actually

on a slightly different theme, can someone advise whether, with the new Sky FTV Cards ,you can get channel 4,5 and ITV on any digibox??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Irulan

YES.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

AFIK the old cards too, it was only BBC that was married to box.

BBC going FTA makes the FTV cards a lot more portable. Don't forget you get ALL the ITVs, not just the one on the EPG at 103.

But you all knew that already.....

Advertisement