Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skins in QW

Options
  • 16-04-1998 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

<center>logo_fen.gif</center>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: 1. If you type skin base then your skin is set to base.

Never the less if you're base skin is set to an old skin, like in our case Verb, then you'll still cause problems for people. Our old skin was pure red and we changed it to base skin so that we would spot opponents easily. Then when playing Clan Arena, where this complaint arises, typing "skin base" won't work. Just thought I'd mention it because like Verb I was getting annoyed once or twice. I had forgotten to fix this problem so when people on Clan Arena were telling me for the 100th time to type skin base I was getting tired saying that I knew all about that but it would'nt do any good in my case. In any case I have fixed it so hopefully I won't be accused of wearing a skin again.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭FlavorFlav

: : 1. If you type skin base then your skin is set to base.

: Never the less if you're base skin is set to an old skin, like in our case Verb, then you'll still cause problems for people. Our old skin was pure red and we changed it to base skin so that we would spot opponents easily. Then when playing Clan Arena, where this complaint arises, typing "skin base" won't work. Just thought I'd mention it because like Verb I was getting annoyed once or twice. I had forgotten to fix this problem so when people on Clan Arena were telling me for the 100th time to type skin base I was getting tired saying that I knew all about that but it would'nt do any good in my case. In any case I have fixed it so hopefully I won't be accused of wearing a skin again.

: M

What are you going on about????
    If you tell the server that you want to wear "skin base", then the server will tell all other players that you are wearing the "base" skin. The client on their computer will then look for a skin called "base.pcx" in their skins directory and put it on your body when they see you.

Now, another command which may influence things is "skins", just that, on its own. It'll refresh the skin situation.

FlavorFlav

The crap regarding skins is that ppl think the Fens one is made so that its hard to see on level like DM3 or one with textures like that. I know this can be avoided with "noskins 1" but ppl like to see skins so they can tell teammates apart etc.

Adidas

: Sorry about this but it was really starting to annoy me, about people complaing that they couldn't see people because of their skins etc....

Well when CW played you in those friendlies i had your skins turned off but it was your chosen colours (horrible beige and creamish) that Blade and I couldn't see. we are both a bit color blind. I can't see green or brown colours very well. There's a demo fo us playing INC and I let INC guys go and sI hot at tomb because the colours confused me) :( We prefer if everyone uses red or blue.

Consider us blind old farts!!

:
    : : Sorry about this but it was really starting to annoy me, about people complaing that they couldn't see people because of their skins etc....

: Well when CW played you in those friendlies i had your skins turned off but it was your chosen colours (horrible beige and creamish) that Blade and I couldn't see. we are both a bit color blind. I can't see green or brown colours very well. There's a demo fo us playing INC and I let INC guys go and sI hot at tomb because the colours confused me) :( We prefer if everyone uses red or blue.

: Consider us blind old farts!!

Cool,

Thanx for the tip, I'll never wear red or blue playing against ya's now. :-P

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

: The crap regarding skins is that ppl think the Fens one is made so that its hard to see on level like DM3 or one with textures like that. I know this can be avoided with "noskins 1" but ppl like to see skins so they can tell teammates apart etc.
    : Adidas
    On that note, that is the precise reason CT use
    4 (red) for vanilla Quake, and a red skin in qw
    (I know its dark red...but its the only non-fullbright/shirt-trouser red color in the
    quake palette...)

Its always been a source of pride :)
    Kaile

Advertisement