Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Music? Are you deaf?

Options
  • 26-03-2003 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

What oh what, please tell me, is the story with metal heads? There is so much good music out there but you listen to crappy palm muted guitars with too much distortion, and singers who sound like they need a large dollop of Vicks to clear the phlegm out of their vocal chords.

OK, so we have established that the music is crappy but then you go and listen to it at the sacred spinal tap 11. Why, are you deaf does your hearing not function, do you not realize how bad your music is? Do the queens of the stone age know something about metal heads that I don’t. Maybe that’s why you’re called metal heads, is it a euphemism for deaf people? A head made of metal would be no use when it comes to listening.

To make the whole thing worse you dress like modern day lepers. In you black leather regardless of the weather, are you all hypersensitive to the sun that you need long hair and a black jackets to protect you.

Someone please explain what the problem is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭RED HORN

Just in case your wondering, this is not a troll.

I know what I'm talking about when it comes to metal so someone please explain the attraction.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I know what I'm talking about when it comes to metal
    In fairness you haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about, when it comes to metal. Firstly you are generalizing every type of metal as "crappy palm muted guitars with too much distortion" so you've obviously never listened to anything other than what you're referring to.. which I believe is trash metal. There are a LOT of different types of metal. Secondly you're presuming every single person in the whole world who listens to metal dresses like a 'leper' as you put it.. and has long hair. How ignorant are you? I listen to metal a lot more than I listen to any other music and I don't have long hair and I don't wear black clothes!
    Why, are you deaf does your hearing not function, do you not realize how bad your music is?
    Now thirdly if you don't like metal, that's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But it more than likely won't be welcomed here.
    Please enlighten us as to what music you listen to.
    Someone please explain what the problem is?
    You seem to be the one with the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

You obviously havent listened to anything past the tripe they show on MTV and Kerrang, so before you come here and cry your heart out try to actually listen to some proper metal.
    There is so much good music out there
    By good music what are you referring to? I can guess the likes of Scooter and all that other techno crap which I hate with a passion, but at least I dont go crying about it, and Ive endured it in school for 5years so at least I can give an opinion on it. For me good music is Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, In Flames, Sonata Arctica, and many others, these are all metal bands, but none of the bands named are even remotely similar to the next, even an immature stereotyping twat liek yourself could probably tell the diffrence. So before you come here mouthing of metallers (in the rock/metal forum) go out and listen to some proper metal which is listened to people over the age of 10.

As for the looks, whats wrong with men with long hair? whats wrong with a leather jacket? Im sorry if we dont dress in 'cool' cloths that suit you, but I wear what I want, and care little for what other folk think, and what harm has it ever done to you?

Says it all really doesnt it, you will more than likely get banned for this btw,hope you enjoyed your 2day spamming on these boards, because I doubt anyone else did.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Jesus, such a pile of non-sense! You know you should actually look into things before you waste your time posting such bullshit. Did you ever actually listen to someone other than Slipknot or whatever mainstream band that you were listening to, to make up such a pathetic post.

First of all there are some singers in metal that do sing every once in a while weither you like it or not (check out Matt Barlow from Iced Earth for just one example). Secondly yes there are alot of bands that palm mute alot of their chords, so fucking what? Its better than listening to untz untz untz or just constant strumming of an acoustic IMO. And if you knew anything about music then you'd know that metal musicians are up there with the best in the world, (jazz, blues etc.) although jazz has probably the best of the lot.

I would really love to know what you listen to so that I can make a judgement on your type of music.

As Repli already said, we don't all wear the same type of clothes. You really don't have a clue.

• Advertisement

All you metal heads are such presumptuous people. I’ve already been called a number of names, had someone incorrectly guess my age and I’m being told what music I listen to.

I like dance music but I’m not a big fan, so your scooter comment which was so witty is really null and void.

I’ve already said I know what I’m talking about when it comes to metal so need to list off your all time favorite metal bands to me. I DON’T CARE!

I’m not going to bother giving a list of my favorite bands here, I’m not the one on trial but I can assure that I do have a very broad range when it comes to taste in music.

What have metal heads done to me?

Have you ever sat beside a metal head on a bus?

Even with head phones they like to share their music with the rest of us (very bad for their hearing by the way which is why I suspect they may be deaf), and the smell why can’t you be a metaller and clean?

Wow your all so spiteful, slagging my posting average which as I said on after hours earlier is a suspected administrative error.

And wishing someone to be banned is just bad karma!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

You dont know wot u are talkiing about mate.

Palm Muteing is used in most forms of guitar playing, It can be done with various degrees of force and takes real skill and can certianly help define a particular guitar players style.
    My self I have used it in just about every style I have played -14 years plank spanking from Metal to Dub to Jazz to Irish-

Would dearly love to hear you play:D

Originally posted by RED HORN
    All you metal heads are such presumptuous people. I’ve already been called a number of names, had someone incorrectly guess my age and I’m being told what music I listen to.
    LOL. Just like you insulted us in your original post? Called us lepers? Said we all smell? Said we are deaf? Said we are hypersensitive to the sun? Right, you know what you're talking about!! AND ROFL.. Do you not find it strange that we CORRECTLY guessed the type of music you listen to?
    I like dance music but I’m not a big fan, so your scooter comment which was so witty is really null and void.
    How is his comment null and void? If anything, admitting you like dance music validates his comment.
    I’ve already said I know what I’m talking about when it comes to metal so need to list off your all time favorite metal bands to me.
    You clearly don't, but it appears you're too ignorant/dumb to realise that.
    But I can assure that I do have a very broad range when it comes to taste in music.
    Ahh right. So you like scooter AND mauro picotoo? Wow! (Btw this is the only type of comment you can expect without actually proving you listen to a broad range of music)
    and the smell why can’t you be a metaller and clean?
    There are plenty. Again - proving your ignorance.

You've lost the argument mate, deal with it.

Lost the argument my foot,

I'm asking what the attraction to metal music is but nobody seems to want to answer.

Well?

What is it?

PS No clichéd answer's either.

• Advertisement

Also my making fun of metallers is totally different to your making fun of me.

I'm attacking a faceless group of people who obviously don't care what people think of them.

You’re attacking me personally and it's really upsetting.

Really! I might cry soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

*shrug*

You don't see the attraction with metal music.

I don't see the attraction with pineapples.

Different strokes for different folks.

It's called TASTE. Just 'cos yours doesn't agree with that of others, that doesn't make them WRONG.

I like some heavy metal bands because of the music they make. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Originally posted by Bard

I don't see the attraction with pineapples.
    oh so now you gonna rag on pineapples? what's wrong with pineapples?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Ruaidhri
    oh so now you gonna rag on pineapples? what's wrong with pineapples?

They taste BLOODY AWFUL!

did someone say 'thread hijack?' :)

Originally posted by RED HORN:

B'wahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

PS No clichéd answer's either.
    Your so hypocritical its highly amusing, you say we smell, we listen to horridly loud music, we all lok exactly the same, you call us presumptuous people and now this, your stupidity is highly amusing, as is your ignorance.
    I'm asking what the attraction to metal music is but nobody seems to want to answer.
    The sound maybe, what attracts you to dance music ?(oh wait, its 'cool', silly me, i forgot).
    And with this quote I rejoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

An obvious troll, will someone just ban the kid. Is it easter holidays already, I thought it was a little too soon.

All that loud music has clearly busted your sarcasm detector. I can be hypocritical all I want. I’m putting metallers on trial here, maybe you can persuade me to change my so called ignorant views on metal music.

Think of it as a challenge like turning down your volume dial.

Originally posted by Quigs Snr
    An obvious troll, will someone just ban the kid. Is it easter holidays already, I thought it was a little too soon.

I already said this is not a troll. Keep it on topic please.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What kind of bands do you like, Red Horn ? (Just out of curiousity)

- Dave.

Wow your all so spiteful
    And heres a list of quotes from the twat himself (aswell) :
    All that loud music has clearly busted your sarcasm detector

All you metal heads are such presumptuous people

I’ve already said I know what I’m talking about when it comes to metal so need to list off your all time favorite metal bands to me. I DON’T CARE!

To make the whole thing worse you dress like modern day lepers. In you black leather regardless of the weather, are you all hypersensitive to the sun that you need long hair and a black jackets to protect you.

Even with head phones they like to share their music with the rest of us (very bad for their hearing by the way which is why I suspect they may be deaf), and the smell why can’t you be a metaller and clean?

And then another amusing thing Ive found:
    I’m not the one on trial

I’m putting metallers on trial here

The fact people this stupid exsist worrys me, really it does, and just to rub it in Ishall quote again with much joy and happyness in my heart.
    You’re attacking me personally and it's really upsetting.

Cmon guess's on his age, place your bets now! Ill go for under 13.

• Advertisement

I don't really want to put my tastes on trial if thats ok?

Maybe after a bit of healthy debate about metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Wow your all so spiteful, slagging my posting average which as I said on after hours earlier is a suspected administrative error.

Do you even have the brains you were born with ?

Firstly, all of your mails are available for everybody to see by pressing the search button on your mail. So the admin error thing ???

Now I don't particularly like Rock\Metal, there are some songs I do like but I do not come to the metal forum and start slagging off rock/Metal. I mean how would you like it if I went to the "Absolute Twats" forum and started slagging you and your mates off ??

I don't really want to put my tastes on trial if thats ok?

Maybe after a bit of healthy debate about metal.

If you wanted a healthy debate you should have said so.
    But you are too stupid/ignorant to do that so you had to resort to childish insults and ignorant comments. You've done nothing but prove yourself to be an idiot here. Congratulations.

Listen stop calling me stupid and ignorant because I'm clearly not.

Can anyone who wants to talk about their opinions on metal good or bad please post here other wise "rack off ya mongrel".

We are trying to have an educated debate here.

I have plenty of experience with metal music believe you me.

Listen stop calling me stupid and ignorant because I'm clearly not.
    ............... move this one to the humour boards me thinks, it really deserve's it.

We are trying to have an educated debate here.

I have plenty of experience with metal music believe you me.

LOL You just don't know when to stop do you..

Repli and Pugsley if you want to debate metal music with me please do. Otherwise stop trying to hijack this thread. I know you’re only doing it so this thread gets locked. You know if any serious debate takes place you will lose and metalers will look even dumber than usual.

I think the fact that this thread has a five star rating says it all. People are interested in how this debate will unfold.

You know if any serious debate takes place you will lose and metalers will look even dumber than usual.
    If you ever start a serious debate on these forums, the 4 horsemen shall ride once more and we shall witness the apocalypse.

(as for the last bit of your sentence, your really digging your own grave arent you)

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

Groan

:rolleyes:

And they think I'm a spammer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement