Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Music? Are you deaf?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

metalers will look even dumber than usual.
    Oh right, and people who listen to dance music are the geniuses of society?
    You know if any serious debate takes place you will lose and metalers will look even dumber than usual.

Why would anyone want to debate a topic of METAL with someone who hasn't the slightest clue about it? Unless you can prove your interest in metal (Without saying "Ive plenty of experience with metal") then nobody will argue with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭RED HORN

OK my history with metal

I’ve been in sound cellar twice. The first time was by mistake so I left quite promptly the second time I realized that I in fact I had not made a mistake and that this hole in the ground was in fact the place that sold concert ticket so I went back in and was there for approximately ten minutes. I probably heard about three songs while in there and they all sucked. So now you know my history with metal.

Nah that’s a joke. My younger brother is a goth so I get to listen to his crap all day long when ever I’m at home. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by RED HORN
    I think the fact that this thread has a five star rating says it all. People are interested in how this debate will unfold.
    .......... wonder how many people have voted this expecting a serious debate, I also wonder how many voted for 5stars to let everyone know how much humour is displayed by the twat with a power ranger for an avatar and over 30 posts per day.
    And they think I'm a spammer?
    When you post you do 1 post but split it in half and post it twice, you have done it several times in this thread, including your very 1st 2 posts, that my twatted friend, is spam. The rest is just mocking your stupidity, which is called black comedy, meaning its only funny to a certain audiance, namingly everyone but you.

edit:
    Nah that’s a joke. My younger brother is a goth so I get to listen to his crap all day long when ever I’m at home.
    ............ so your basing you arguement against the ENTIRE metalling society on these boards, on the tripe your gothling brother has, waken up and smell the coffee, most folk here hate gothling music as much as the rest of the worl, thats why at the start of thia thread I said PROPER metal, which negates anything which has ever been on MTV or Kerrang (with the exception of Iron Maiden, which I have seen on there once at a friend house) by you mentioning this you have made any chance of a 'serious debate' more void than they already were.

Why can't you just stay on topic? You with your 4.21 per day average thats considered spam to alot of people I'm sure.

Anyway thats an error under my nick, ask Devore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Why can't you just stay on topic? You with your 4.21 per day average thats considered spam to alot of people I'm sure.

Anyway thats an error under my nick, ask Devore.

Just how low *is* your IQ? I just clicked on the "search" button on your last post, and there's no error with your account, there's 4 pages of your spam posted since you created your account the other day. 4.21 posts a day is not considered spamming. The 20-something a day unconstructive, (trolling!) posts you've been maintaining *is* spam. And I think I will ask Devore about you. I'm sure some of the mods have too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well you see the same arguments can be put to any types of music. Oh this type of music is crap because of this and so on. There is no point in debating it really, because there is no way you're gonna be able to argue with someone who hates metal, or who likes metal, because it's too hard to label what type of music is which, eg: you calling queens of the stone age metal in an earlier post, which theyaren't really (in my view of metal) but they might be treated as such to others. The reason they like it because they like the sound of heavy guitars, fast riffs, fast drums etc etc. Why does anybody like anything, you can't just get a straight answer for these things. Anyone can start a thread like "Classical Music? Are you deaf?" and so on. Your not gonna get anywhere because so many different people have differerent reasons as to why they like things and why they don't.

Not everyone is gonna agree with you, and insulting people isn't going to help.
    So basically you can argue for against metal but you're not going to get the same explanation from everyone as to why they like it or dislike it.

*off topic*

What I'm doing is far better than posting "lol" ten times a day which is what most of you do.

*off topic*

OK I'm going to get this ball rolling can someone please tell me exactly what it is about metal that they enjoy.

Thank you

Thank you Giblet.

All I want to do is understand the rocker mentality a bit better, at least there is one person here who can help answer my question. As I said my brother is a goth and I’d like to understand the attraction too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

I like Metal because if there was no metal there would be no Goths.

And then who would I throw stones at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

ROFL

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

40 posts one straight answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Are you trying to imply that my reply was anything other than hetrosexual?

Why god why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

What I'm doing is far better than posting "lol" ten times a day which is what most of you do.
    ]Originally posted by RED HORN
    This is the humour board.

If it doesn't make me go "LOL" don't post it because it's a dud joke you dud.

19 of these posts by you, but only 1 question.

TmB also asked you a question on page 1 which you have yet to answer.

'What kind of bands do you like, Red Horn ? (Just out of curiousity)'
    Theres the question if you feel like answering it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

:mad: :mad: :mad:

THREAD LOCKED!
    USER BANNED!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Christ lads, stop feeding it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement