Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB site - nice?

Options
  • 26-03-2003 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Happened to be looking at the ESB.IE site earlier and it struck me that its actually quite a nicely design site. I hate sites that are over complicted and this is nice and simple, yet has a lot of info at the smae time. Anyone know who built it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

The text at the bottom reads "Developed by Labyrinth". see: www.labyrinth.ie . There is also info at the top of the html source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Ta I was being lazy I know. I've heard of them before. Thanks for linkage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Originally posted by peterd
    The text at the bottom reads "Developed by Labyrinth". see: www.labyrinth.ie . There is also info at the top of the html source.

I thought they went bust for some reason. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Interesting. I didn't know Labrinth was bought by BT. Seems like an odd buy.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

It is on odd buy, especially when you consider they purchased 51% of the company - but on the flip side Labyrinth now have a huge R & D department they can call upon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

ESB.ie reminds me of apples site with the tabs :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Webmonkey
    ESB.ie reminds me of apples site with the tabs :p

Yeah it does doesn't it. Maybe thats why I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Thats actually a nice design...

Strange, I was thinking all state owned sites were designed by 13yr olds in FrontPage!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by [JcCM]Murderer
    Thats actually a nice design...

Strange, I was thinking all state owned sites were designed by 13yr olds in FrontPage!

Yeah me too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

personally, i dislike the blatant self-promotion of their sites ("Developed by Labyrinth"). They're getting better with the whole tab thing... they never quite got it with IOL... :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Interesting. I didn't know Labrinth was bought by BT. Seems like an odd buy.
    Labrinth was bought by Esat Net, which in turn was bought by BT - 1999/2000.
    Originally posted by Karoma
    personally, i dislike the blatant self-promotion of their sites ("Developed by Labyrinth").
    Good business sense, and one of the reasons that Labyrinth went on to become one of the most successful WebDev consultancies of the Irish Internet boom. The more high profile clients Labyrinth got and were able to advertise as case studies, the more that could be charged to new and larger clients - and trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

didn't say whether it was good or bad idea ... just that i personally i dislike it :)

Advertisement