Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid GPRS ?

• 26-03-2003 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

I have a 7650 and i am an O2 pre-paid customer , i have GPRS set up and that works fine but pre-paid GPRS dosnt offer full net access just WAP ... anyone know if there is a way round this ?

I tried using there pp.internet access point but that wont connect , Dubwireless did i read that you got it to work on pre-paid ?

All help mucho appreciated !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

try open.internet for apn

please let me know if it works or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

if you haven't used the pp.internet access point before (i.e. had it set-up) you need to call 1740 to have this enabled for your account

they should be able to set you up and talk you through the settings - you can quickly use more Kb with full Internet access (non WAP) so keep that in mind or you may be topping up more frequently!

BrianG

Originally posted by str8_away
    try open.internet for apn

open.internet is an alternative access point for contract customers, here's the reply when I asked what the difference was:

If you are using "internet" as an APN you will not be getting data that is not requested by you or a program that you are running, e.g. you have email open and the dol page, this is on your request so you will be able to get that info, however someone else on the internet is trying to connect to your pc for some reason, this is not requested by you and there for will be blocked. "open.internet" would let this go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Thanks for the info DubWireless,
    I guess that is why "open.internet" is called "open .internet"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Ok so i tried ringing O2 and having pp.internet activated on my account and i was told i could only have pp.internet if he removed MMS , he told me i could only have one or the other as thats how the system is set up ...... pfffffff , i give up !

• Advertisement

strange, have both running - try e-mailing support@o2.ie with the request - unfortunately it seems to be a bit hit-and-miss getting through to support personnel who can do everything (for all the operators) :(

currently running on speakeasy handset:
    pp.wap.o2.ie (for wap/mms)
    pp.internet (for full internet access)

i don't understand why the would have changed their minds to make the services mutually exclusive

hope it works out for you,
    BrianG

Advertisement