Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best surge protection for coax, phone + power?

• 26-03-2003 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

Hi all, anyone know what sort of surge protector can do all 3? Are the APC backUPS' (CS350, 500) surge protection any good? (seperate coax sp req'd)

Alternatively, what are the best individual ones?

Given the increasing chances of more lightning like we had recently, I don't want to chance it any more!

And where are the most decent places to get such a thing/things.

TIA

PS, for a single PC.

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I've got a trust energy protector UPS/surge protector on my main machine and the server here @ work, Its cheap and not too sophisticated but it does the job
    should cost you €75 - 80
    I've had the power crap out a few times (took some of my client machine HDDs out :mad: ) but the UPS just sat there and beeped at me, and both machines stayed up It gives you about 20 mins to sort out the power or shut down your machine, it has an RJ11 (standard phone) surge protection feature too.
    good if you're using a generator to power a machine in a caravan too, or if the people upstairs turn on the kettle, electric shower and tumble dryer at the same time ;)

edit: whoops sorry i didn't read your post properly, no coax protection on this.

Advertisement