Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bat files

Options
  • 26-03-2003 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

a ? about .bat files!!!
    i want a .bat file that will copy the the location of other files from a .txt and then copy those files to say the a: drive.

the .txt will have 'C;\winnt\myfile1.txt'
    'C;\winnt\myfile2.txt'

it reads the txt and then copies those two files to a different location that i specify.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

And I take it your question is will you write this for me or something more specific?

If the latter, please elaborate.

Otherwise, in the case of the former, fuck off and do your own work.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They would actually teach batch files as homework now? wow. :)

A Batch file is basically a sequence of commands that would type in by hand.

So in this case you just put in a copy command.

Type help at the command prompt and it gives the list of commands, after that you can type 'help command' (eg. 'help copy') or 'command /?' (eg. 'help /?') to get more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

The Corinthian

GO F*CK YOURSELF OR YOUR DOG OR YOUR COUSIN OR SOMETHING YOU,

F*CKEN DICK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Yeah. Whatever. The angry young man thing is really impressive. :rolleyes:

Please read the FAQ at the top of this forum. Do your own homework.

This forum is for programmers, not cut ‘n paste parasites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Originally posted by EpiphoneSpecial
    The Corinthian

GO F*CK YOURSELF OR YOUR DOG OR YOUR COUSIN OR SOMETHING YOU,

F*CKEN DICK

Christ! I think everyone will agree with me when i say comments like that are not welcomed here. I've had great help from this board when i was stuck on something. Before you post you should read the Charter. This thread should be closed - you don't deserve any help after those comments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

You know. It can be difficult sometimes being a mod of this forum. Finding the best balance between allowing people to ask for constructive help without merely getting us to do their homework isn't always easy.

Luckily every now and then a muppet like this comes along and essentially posts "ban me now" :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement