Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Colt - Opinions Pls?

Options
  • 26-03-2003 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Well,

On the plus side .... wifey has gone off the idea of a Peugot 206. Thanks in part to the comments and opinions expressed here on the boards about recalls and issues with garages etc. So - well done there lads/lassies :D

On the flip side, she is now totally in love with the Colt 1.3 Limited Edition. :p

So - do yez have any opinions and experiences of the 1.3 Colt, and in particular the 'limited' edition? Any advice and info greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

c0y0te

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Don't know much about it except that like the Civic, it's a favourite for the skangers to nick, rally and burnout.

How's the neighbourhood?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Fox_in_socks had one, loved it, don't think it ever gave her any problems and its quite nippy too

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've had a 00 reg 1.3 Colt for about a year now, and I've got no complaints. Comfortable to drive and its good for long journeys. Its also a nice looking car.

Budget for a nice MP3 CD player with it and you're sorted! :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Abraxas

I wonder is the introduction of the Limited Edition a ploy to shift old stock before a new model arrives as the current Colt's been around for quite some time. If so, resale value down the line will be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

a new colt is just around the corner, before the year is out, and it will seriously hurt the already poor residuals of this car.

It's a very old car that's overpriced (well it used to be)

fwiw i think most of the 206's problems will have been well sorted by now and will make a pretty solid buy

the colt does have a nice engine though.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Colt looks better than a 206 in my opinion, 206 looks too femine or something

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Yes I do remember Fox_in_Socks had circa 5 VAR members in hers one night. Quite nippy with 5 adults in it if my memory serves me correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 1st Colt

Bought my dark green Ltd Edition about a month ago .. the only things it doesn't have is a sunroof, and front fog lights. I'm not too worried that it doesn't have electric windows. I get a full tank for 30 euro (maybe 35 but I haven't pushed it that far) and it lasts about 10 days (doing average of 20 miles a day to work and back, that's the furthest I've had a chance to drive it yet). I like the power of the 1.3 (1.6 would be too much for tax reasons). It's a bit bumpy in the suspension but that's sort of the character of the car and it feels like a 'drive' ... it's very easy (too easy?) to get up to 70 miles an hour (I don't 'do' kilometers!) and not realise it til you look at the clock. My car displays the total mileage done but doesn't have an individual tripometer. My next car would be a Colt 1.3 again (1.6 if I was richer) and definitely the same model again, 2004 (before the new ones came in).

I hate the look of the post '04 Colt ...

I love the engine in my Colt ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Probably one of the best car from Mitsubishi.
    Excellent driver, cheap to run and if looked after doesn't give you trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bloody hell, this thread is 4 years old. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

didn't even noticed that. lol :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Ah bless, the poor thing was only looking for colt friends. :)

If any prospective owners are still out there, it's a fine run around. Light on the juice and nippy enough up to 100km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 1st Colt

.. you're joking !? re: 4 yrs old thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

1st Colt wrote:
    .. you're joking !?

Well why else would someone drag up a post that is four years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's three old thread resurrections in a row, 1st Colt. That's not allowed. Please read the charter before posting. Resurrect another thread and you will be banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement