Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DOS Emulator Windowed ?

• 26-03-2003 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Is this possible as I don't wana play em in full screen.
    When I tried kgen98 alt+enter the lines are ****ed up and unplayable cant even see it.

So is this possible ??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Jebus christ...Are you still using Kgen98 cause you've got a slow machine or something?? "Gens window as you like!"
    sonic.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by LoGiE
    Jebus christ...Are you still using Kgen98 cause you've got a slow machine or something?? "Gens window as you like!"

I have Gens on the machine but the frame skip is up really high and as a result many games aren't playable.

Come on all I wana do is play games in work is that so bad ?

Zsnes dos has the ability to do it but it wont let u play it windowed :mad:

So your looking for a dos emulator that runs in a dos window? I think you might be out of luck djste. I remember a similar thread before. Best think you can do is pour Tea/Coffee all over your old comp so you'll require a new one:) How tight can your IT department be? At the very least a "My computers way to slow when I try to open word" etc to the boss.

Theres a small vent hole in the side I could risk pouring water in.
    If I just do it anywhere else they'll just replace said item.
    I'll give you a clue about my IT department I work for a semi-government company :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Alt and Enter not work?

kdjac

• Advertisement

See 1st post

Its not seeable.

Originally posted by djste18
    Theres a small vent hole in the side I could risk pouring water in.
    If I just do it anywhere else they'll just replace said item.
    I'll give you a clue about my IT department I work for a semi-government company :rolleyes:

Whats the current spec? You couldn't be usin the likes of word 2000 etc on a machine with less then 64mb of ram. I'll bet a word with your manager would sort you out. From my experience working in an IT/IS department, 9/10 users go to there managers who in turn contacted my manager who then tells me/whoever to cobble togeter a few desent bits of scrap and throw them into a case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Gens makes the games look like crap. It blurs the pixels when you zoom a window anymore than 100% which is way too small to use. I just want it at 300 or 400% with nice clean pixels.

Genecyst gives a pretty nice picture in comparison. I'm not a big fan of all these modern filters. I want it to look the way I remember it.

Originally posted by LoGiE
    Whats the current spec? You couldn't be usin the likes of word 2000 etc on a machine with less then 64mb of ram. I'll bet a word with your manager would sort you out. From my experience working in an IT/IS department, 9/10 users go to there managers who in turn contacted my manager who then tells me/whoever to cobble togeter a few desent bits of scrap and throw them into a case.

See the logie the thing is he'll ask why I need faster spec ?
    And I don't have any use for word 2000 ive got word 95 on it atm.
    I wont post spec ive said bfore and will not repeat :(

Ill have a think hoe i could go about it.

Thanx for the help anyway guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

95% of dos games will not work in a windows simply because of the way they access the video hardware. they take complete control over it and dos sessions simply cant emulate that.

i would recomend a gba and sonic advance 1 and 2 if your realy that desperate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What OS? I can use kgen98 fine here in work on complete dogs of machines running WinNT. When it loads, it loads fullscreen.

Alt + Tab switches to another open app (and freezes kgen) and Alt + enter, brings it to a normal window and freezes it.....

Ah yeah, after reading your first post.....Alt + Tab should be what you need. It plays fullscreen, but you can just switch back to your work apps when needed :) Adn stop slacking off on my money (I'm a taxpayer) :p

Been using ALT +ENTER today so it looks like thats the option ill go for. :(

I'm also getting the new advance in about 2 weeks
    The company owes me money.

Advertisement