Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I said I woudn't but...

Options
  • 17-04-1998 1:38am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I thought I might start a new thread as the old one was getting hard to read.
    Just an observatoin to make. None of the supposedly respected HPB CTF players have a problem
    with what Blade wrote. Blade and I talked about it on the phone before he posted it on bubbles
    site and we both assumed that we were talking about HPB modemers playing CTF.
    In fact blade was concerned that it might sound smug and asked my opinion on the matter.
    Frankly it's not smug. Try this excerise.
    Think of a six player team with one sub who you reckon could stand
    against CW in HPB vanilla Quake CTF.
    Go on!
    Post it here.

We are trying to get such a game going anyway, so the feedback would
    be helpful. Also it would form quite a basis for the HPB CTF Hiberians team
    me and Blade have been working on (See Cloud, I'm working , im working master!!!)

Funny thing is most ppl underrate one player CW have. Cream. He's insanely impossible to
    kill. In fact I would go as far as to say that on defense I fear him more then any other CW
    player when defending a base.

Looking forward to suggested HPB teams from you all...

DeVore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: Funny thing is most ppl underrate one player CW have. Cream. He's insanely impossible to
    : kill. In fact I would go as far as to say that on defense I fear him more then any other CW
    : player when defending a base.

You mean you're not afraid of me (only in Quake)?

: Go on!
    : Post it here.

DeVore (God forbid :-)
    Bubbles
    Gandalf
    Dupre
    Speedy D (seen him playing the other day)
    Scratch (haven't seem him play in ages)

I'm sure there's one or two I'm forgetting, this is all my jet-lagged brain can think of.

I agree Cream is the lad you dont see coming.
    You remember the other CW lads colors and you end
    up dead wondering who it was that fragged your ass - it was C.
    He nearly turned the game for CW on UKCLDM4 when
    we played 'em.
    A class player no doubt - and one i should have put on my "best of Irish" CTF team but sure I dunno crap about CTF anyway.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

: : Funny thing is most ppl underrate one player CW have. Cream. He's insanely impossible to
    : : kill. In fact I would go as far as to say that on defense I fear him more then any other CW
    : : player when defending a base.

: You mean you're not afraid of me (only in Quake)?

Koloth you worry me deeply on several levels...

But not in quake because you are always on a GIMP team and you can only be in one place at a time :)

DeV

:
    : I thought I might start a new thread as the old one was getting hard to read.
    : Just an observatoin to make. None of the supposedly respected HPB CTF players have a problem
    : with what Blade wrote. Blade and I talked about it on the phone before he posted it on bubbles
    : site and we both assumed that we were talking about HPB modemers playing CTF.
    : In fact blade was concerned that it might sound smug and asked my opinion on the matter.
    : Frankly it's not smug. Try this excerise.
    : Think of a six player team with one sub who you reckon could stand
    : against CW in HPB vanilla Quake CTF.
    : Go on!
    : Post it here.

: We are trying to get such a game going anyway, so the feedback would
    : be helpful. Also it would form quite a basis for the HPB CTF Hiberians team
    : me and Blade have been working on (See Cloud, I'm working , im working master!!!)

: Funny thing is most ppl underrate one player CW have. Cream. He's insanely impossible to
    : kill. In fact I would go as far as to say that on defense I fear him more then any other CW
    : player when defending a base.

: Looking forward to suggested HPB teams from you all...

: DeVore.

Gandalf
    Bubbles (2 very similar CTF players)
    Carnate (good attacker)
    Mindpuck (very good on defence)
    Sniper (is capable of some mad ninja stuff as shown at Vex's)
    Devore (sneaky bast. We taught him well)
    McBain (Koopatroopa's brother!)

Cream's CTF stats are as good as Beast's and Tomb's. I have a demo where Tomb has the strength rune on e2m2 and is causing the usual amount of carnage. Cream tries again and again to hook Tomb and try make him blow himself up until he succeeds. This shows what a good team CTFer is all about. By going after a key player like Tomb and distracting him, Cream is buying team-mates time to get away with the flag. So what if Cream dies 8 or 9 times. It means that Tomb is missing out fragging flag carriers etc. and saves points in the long run.

This is something that we learnt how to do over a long period of time. Its not something anybody could possibly learn in 30 seconds no matter how good they are at 1 on 1.

• Advertisement

: Gandalf
    : Bubbles (2 very similar CTF players)

What do you mean similar ???

: Carnate (good attacker)
    : Mindpuck (very good on defence)
    : Sniper (is capable of some mad ninja stuff as shown at Vex's)
    : Devore (sneaky bast. We taught him well)
    : McBain (Koopatroopa's brother!)

I agree with your selection above Von especially Sniper who is a very good
    player and has fragged my ass on numerous occasions.

So come on Blade pick the "best of the rest, HPB team" and let us frag ure
    asses. Just need a time -)

Gandalf.

Advertisement