Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 at Megalan...

Options
  • 27-03-2003 12:14pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For me lan Quake 3 play is the only way to play. (we play every night here in the spin offices).

So I really want to see FH vs nD on the lan (so nD can murder them :) ) but I'm worried because not a lot of quake 3'ers have signed up for the lan yet though many have told me privately they are going to.

What do you guys want to see at it? 1v1? 4v4? what about some CTF or All Day Clan Arena?

Mindphuck has kindly offered to help with the competitions so between the two of us I'm sure we can run some fun comps!

I really want to run some big games of Quake 3 but with quake.ie down I'm concerned we wont get critical mass there... :(

Hows about it? What do you guys want to see at the lan?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Have a 1 v 1 competition first, then seed players and set up seeded 4v4 teams like the transformers quake competition that ran once (does anybody remember what I'm talking about). That way 4 nD players won't just show up and rape everybody else all weekend.

Plus each team well have time to practice so the should be able to get some fairly solid tactics together.

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Everyone knows that Quake 3r's are the tightest bastards, myself included, and thats why they probably won't go.
    Half price for lazy bum Q3r's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I wanna see some big, fúck off 19" monitors on rental so we can actually play some quake 3 with our eyes (as apposed to the gMan style ;) ).

How's about them apples?

1v1 duel tourney for definate. 2v2 tdm also, or else 4v4 ctf, tdm if theres enough players.

Most likely, there won't be..considering prices an all ;/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

FFS come on ye tight ****ers, show the kiddies what a real game is.

Sell you granny if you have to,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

some people said they might go if you announce "the prizes"
    i'm not one of them, can't go to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

No point in me comin all the way from cork, when i have no where to stay and it aint all nighter job. So no thx 'bai'. On a lighter note, SAM URE MUM GIVES CLASS HEAD!!! HAHAHAHAHAAHH

Advertisement