Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fax on ISDN

• 27-03-2003 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

Does your fax machine specifically state it'll work with isdn?

No - but my friend has a fax that is 10 years old and it works

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 biker

I have a fax working perfectly off the analogue port on the ISDN NT so you might have a config problem. Can you give some more details of your prob?

b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As biker says, but my experience has been installation is tempremental. The Terminal Adaptor (TA / digital modem) must have an analogue port and you just connect up your fax to that. If you also want a phone, it can get a bit complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by egan007
    Does your fax machine specifically state it'll work with isdn?

No - but my friend has a fax that is 10 years old and it works

Why did you create a new thread just to answer my post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

I have about a dozen clients with a variety of fax machines (ranging from good modern machines to el cheapo crappo elderly ones) all working directly from one of the analog ports on the ISDN box. Also have 2 clients who use modems and PC software to receive incoming faxes (yeuch) via the analog ports on the ISDN box.

Have you tried it in both ports?

Have you programmed the box to direct incoming fax calls to a specific port?

Have you tried a few different fax machines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Finally i'm sorted !!!!
    They installed a Master Socket bewteen the Fax and the NT1 box and it's working now.
    et0 - i started a new thread as the old one was closed

- thanks for the help everyone

• Advertisement
Advertisement