Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob question

Options
  • 27-03-2003 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Recently I was given what I have been told is a wand. Apparently it is quite potent but I have no idea what it is used for and whether or not the giver is extracting the urine so to speak. My friend is quite interested in Wicca and apparently has cast spells with this wand. To me it just looks like a really knobbly burnt stick but it isn't burnt, it seems to be the type of wood it is and it is peculiarly light for it's size which is about two handspans (haven't got a tape measure to hand).

Anyway she seemed to handle this Wand with some respect but since she has gone I am wondering what I should do with it. How could I tell if it is a wand and how do wands work. Would her wand work for me or is it a case that they are kinda single user objects.

Thanks in advance,

M

I am just after re-reading this and it sounds ver hocus-pocus or something but that is the best way that I can describe said stick/wand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

A wand can really be made of any material, and if your friend used the "stick" as a wand, then a wand it will become. I can't really comment on what type of wood it could be, as your description is very limited. I assume you would recognise bogoak if you saw it? That is black and sometimes quite light....

As to what to do with the wand... if it feels right, if the energies from it are good, by all means use it. Some wands become very much glued to the individual, especially if used a lot, and cannot really be used by anyone else. But most wands can, especially if given with good intent to a new initiate for example.

It interests me why you think this might be all a joke... if the person who gave you the wand is a Wiccan, she would be very unlikely to joke about her religion, and you also say she handled the "stick" with some respect. But, the best thing would be to ask her, especially as you should really know what kind of magic was worked with the wand and whether there are and enchantments on it.

If you just do not feel right about this wand, and you don't seem to be comfortable with it from the way you are writing, then it could be that that wand was too personal to the wearer, or maybe there are wards on it that stop it from being used by anyone else, or it was involved in some dark magic, or the type of spiritual connections the "stick" has are just too different from your own, or maybe it is just a stick.... You should always follow your intuition with regards to magical items, and never, EVER use a tool you are not completely comfortable with. I suggest you mediate with the "stick" in your hand, about what it represents. Depending on the outcome of that, use it or give it to someone else who miught be able to use it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

A wand does not have to be made out of any particular material, it is simply a medium thru which ur energies flow(though some crystals ARE more intuned with certain energies).
    I agree with silja, go with ur instincts on this, it may just be that u urself do not truly believe. Take a leap of faith, but don't expect netin spectacular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

i think t4tf means that he has no idea about wiccanism...

On that note, nor do i. How is a wand used in rituals etc? And how do you consecrate a wand? <i've never partaken in anything wiccan and am slightly more interested in sorcery (yes i know... i'm evil, but i'm more an individualist) and even then i haven't actually gotten round to trying out anything>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

When you say sorcery do you mean the involvement of demons? I know the theories of quite a few of the magical arts, never tried them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Sort of. Summonations of sorts, demons, angels, or just various spirits. But there are other rituals involved too. Mostly invoking the services of spirits etc though. Or at least from what little i've read into it <as i said i'm a major n00b to this all>. But the main thing about sorcery is it's a personal quest for discovery. Often you can be involved in society, but each sorcerer tends to find their own way. It's why it's often considered evil, as a lot of the knowledge is quite ancient and often sinister and people working alone tend to be less... careful with this knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ok just before you go off and do stuff you really need t take time to research . dont just go by what one books says if you can
    check out a few of them and be careully. Read reserach plan and be carefull time spent in learning about protecive cirlces is bloody well spent. Oh and dont try any of with while under the influence of drink drug or even too much sugar :)

Advertisement