Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local ISP numbers - Anyone have any more?

Options
  • 27-03-2003 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hiya I have the following 2 ISP numbers that I use (in Dublin- I know the second one works anywhere in the Republic):

Username: Oceanfree
    Pw: Oceanfree
    No: 2434321

Username: Free
    Pw: Free
    No: 1890924042

They weren't working for me last night, I'm sure they were working for other people though cause the other computer here could connect on them at a lower speed.

Does anyone have any other Dublin ISP numbers? Eircom and any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Here's a quick list of the ISPs operating home services in the Irish market, divided into categories, listed with the fastest (and most expensive) first.

http://iiu.taint.org/details/index.html

the only link youll ever need again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Calman

Thanx yankinlk, what I was looking for and more - cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

That link seems to be a bit aged. Don't think the site's been updated in a while. Anyway...

Oceanfree's new dial up number is 1890 923 204.

Also try http://members.lycos.co.uk/uie/, it's somewhat dust-laden too though.

Heh, it's actually almost useless but worth a look at just to show "what could have been"

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I got an e-mail from Eircom.net a couple of days ago telling me that they're phasing out the current system of local numbers (i.e. 01 for Dublin, 0502 for Laois, etc.) in favour of a single, national number for their 'free' internet access package. The new number is 1892 150 150. DNS's remain the same, i.e. Primary DNS=159.134.237.6 Secondary DNS=159.134.248.17

Just thought you'd like to know. :D

By the way, would this not be better off in Nets/Comms?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to Nets/Comms

(absolutely correct Aidan)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

2434321 is being phased out (if it hasnt been already!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭zz03

Originally posted by aidan_dunne
    I got an e-mail from Eircom.net a couple of days ago telling me that they're phasing out the current system of local numbers (i.e. 01 for Dublin, 0502 for Laois, etc.) in favour of a single, national number for their 'free' internet access package.

Consider yourself lucky that you don't live in pro-Bush Spain where free ("gratuito") internet access can cost 67 cents per minute (daytime) and 61 cents per minute at night.

http://www.terra.es/usuarios/productos/tgratuito.htm

No wonder the hotels are almost totally empty!

zz..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Calman

Anyone have the UTV subscription free number and password and user name? I tried getting it at their site but u had to sign up for it online and it wasn't working...

Advertisement