Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C++ & MIDI Programming

Options
  • 27-03-2003 8:41pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to be doing a C++ project over the summer, which will involve controlling a MIDI sequencer.

Using a MIDI pickup on my electric guitar, I shall send input to the C++ program, which will play for example a bass line in key harmonically and in tempo.

Thats the basic frame, will be expanded on once I get it together.

Anyone have experience programming these type of systems before? Where can I get a good cheap MIDI pickup for my electric guitar?

I'm hoping to implement some type of machine learning and am trying to figure out if the programming is going to be way too complex or not. I'm an average enough programmer at the moment, but have improved from being total crap in the past month or so...so here's hoping :)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

anyone?

Advertisement