Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV/Esat - help me decide

Options
  • 27-03-2003 10:52pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not really trying to start a Esat sucks/UTVip sucks kinda here, Bt its been almost a year since I've had dialup access at home and I'm finally in the position to get net access again

But I'm woundering who to go with:
    Obviouisly Eircom does not EVEN factor in when I think about who I'll go with for net access.

So its between Esat and UTV, I'm woundering anyone have any good/bad points about either of the services

Need some help deciding who I'll go with

A few points:
    I'm not a on-line gamer (well not really)
    Tend to download file more then anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

For me it would be as simple as UTV giving more hours for the price. And being incredibly nice chaps with good customer service on the evidence we have. The IrelandOffline forum has some recent announcements from UTV that will be of some interest.

The disadvantage with UTV (or possibly advantage as they are cheaper) is that you have to switch your phone service to them too. If this isn't an option for you, it's Esat or nothing. If this is an option, I'll refer you back to my comment about more hours.

(I'm assuming you want some kind of flat-rate type offering)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

I'm joining UTV at the moment (cause my cheap rate no subs dial up is being cancelled by "indigo").

UTV works by Carrier pre selection but they also have a prefix which they won't give out.

If anyone has this prefix, let us know cause then you could cancel CPS (i.e. send your calls back to eircom) and stick the prefix on your dial-up settings

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by sceptre
    For me it would be as simple as UTV giving more hours for the price. And being incredibly nice chaps with good customer service on the evidence we have. The IrelandOffline forum has some recent announcements from UTV that will be of some interest.

(I'm assuming you want some kind of flat-rate type offering)

Yeah I';ve been reading the posts on the IOFFL forum. very interesting stuff.

Yeah flat rate is what I'm looking for (thats the reason why Eircom does not even factor in)

Advertisement