Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qotsa

• 27-03-2003 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Are Qotsa not playing Slaine Castle
    lots of people have been telling me this but i havent been able to confirm it.
    Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Originally posted by dregin-x
    yep.

Fu*ckin' hell, is that for sure?

:(

yeah they're third on the chillis bill after foo fighters.

Check this link for proof

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Yep but from Dudley's post above I understood they had pulled out....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

i meant is it true they have pulled out?

• Advertisement

sh1t sorry.The illiterate side of my split personality took control while i was readin this thread.Completely misunderstood the first post :(

I've keepin watch on MCD,boards,ticketmaster and entertainment Ireland everyday and haven't heard a thing about this rumour tho.I hope for the benefit of those that are going that it's not true coz they are really great live.

Dregin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

it just i was told they are playing Lollapolooza n the states around the same date as slaine but i really hope there are playin here or else theres gonna be one last ticket for sale:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

OK, I researched the rumour. From what I have checked up, Lollapalloza starts at the beginning of July and finishes at the end of August. On Saturday 23rd, the tour will meet Seattle, CA.

However, according to the band's official site , they will finish their Lollapalooza duties on the August 10th. Yet there was no confirmation for Slane in the touring section. So I downloaded a postcard from the site (which was said to list all QOTSA's European dates for the summer). The tour dates did not feature an Irish date, however, it featured the V2003 festivals in the UK.
    I can safely say that if the band are still on track for these festivals, they are still on track for Slane (V2003 are a week before Slane).

QOTSA may be forced to pull out of these festivals at any stage if they are requested to fullfill their Lollapalloza comitments, but right now, I believe QOTSA are still playing Slane.

Valid rumour though. I really didn't believe it once this messege appeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

UPDATE

QOTSA are still playing Slane. It has just been announced that A Perfect Circle are filling in for Queens of the Stone Age on the Lollapalloza during QOTSA's European commitments.

People will be relieved...

Advertisement