Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what can i do?

Options
  • 27-03-2003 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

well im pretty much fu*ked in Biology,
    you see i know notin about the subject i think its the biggest pile of sh*te i have ever done anyways im doin it
    i sleep through the class and the teacher has more or less forgot about me.. im awaitin my 2% mark for my mocks,
    iv dropped to pass now and got a little study book but its still gobblygook.. what can i do
    and when i try to study i literally fall asleep on my bed or i change to english(*which i love btw)
    anyway the way im goin im gonna fail BADLY i mean not over 5%, no ****in way and i wanna pass it i kinda need to get over a D a c3 would be fine but how??
    how will i structure my study on this crap subject??

oo and also the obligatorie(SP?) quesiton on the French paper, any easy way or technique to it.. only prob i have with french

anyways any help appreciated..
    thanks,
    cart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

ok, so its bollox. we've all had to do something we didnt wanna at some stage or another. if you really just wanna get your D or C3, then i'm afraid your just gonna have to grin and bare it!

so what can you do?? well, you've dropped down to pass for a start. that will certainly make things easier for you. what you need now is to find a way to study that suits you. you say you love english...perfect! why not try to combine the two somehow! AFAIK biology is pretty much all knowing a lot of material, eg. all the parts of the human body or whatever, and how they work together. so write an essay or something similar on that. you'll be doing english, but the content will be biology. maybe then it mightn't seem so boring.

i don't know of any sites offhand, but i'm sure if you look you'll find study guides, tips and ideas to make it all a little more entertaining.

anyways, hope this helps.

http://www.skoool.ie/
    http://www.topstudy.com/tutor.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

I was kinda in your situation last year.. I'm repeating now.. hehe

I fell asleep thru nearly every class. I was asleep more than awake in most.. teacher gave up on me.. so I dropped to pass.
    I didnt study or pay attention but I got a C something in the end.
    I strongly believe the only thing that got me thru was the junior cert stuff i learned ( i loved science) its kinda the same. so i answered bits of questions... dunno how i did it but sure!
    Do The Cell The Algae for starters they can help you with other stuff..
    The genetics question comes up every year (Question 8 section 2) so get sumone in your class to show you how to do crosses.. don't even think of it as biology.. Genetics is a cross between english and maths... see, you'll love it!:)
    Pass genetics ain't that hard but may take some-time..

learn major diagrams; Heart, Kidneys all the crappy plant ones.. **** understanding them (tis too late and u dont need to if u only need a C i'm proof) just learn 'em.. draw em out. label 'em and learn the parts like ur learnin a poem just read and look away then say em to urself untill u got 'em... easy..

As i said i'm repeating the LC and i'm doin hons. biology this year. The class was too full so she didnt let me in at start of year but i got in after xmas so still WAY behind. but i love it.. probly failed mocks but i'll get it!

Now go and pass that exam.. Don't let me down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms Taken

dont worry all is not lost i failed maths and irish miserably in the mocks and did great in the leaving all you need to do is a bit of work

Advertisement