Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Douglas School - How do I get there?

• 28-03-2003 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

Can someone give me directions on how to get to Douglas Community School from the South Link please?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

not completely sure(living in douglas due to work, not actually from douglas) but from the south link road you take the first slip road exit for douglas (i think its the west douglas slip road) and you go left at the end of the slip road away from douglas village and it should be up there a few hundred meters on the right afaik.......id wait for better directions off someone else before trusting mine!

Actually which side are you coming from? out from the city or in from the country(jack lynch tunnel side)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Coming from the Kinsale Road Roundabout of Death, take the first slip road for Douglas. You'll come to a wee roundabout, take the second exit heading for the city. Take the next right, and the next right after that. Douglas CS is on your right as you go around the next corner.

You can also get to it from the second slip road: Turn left at the lights, and follow the road past the Allied Irish Bank on the left. Take the next left, and DCS is down the bottom on the left. Tell Flash Adam Beecher was asking for him, and that I'm fierce disappointed I'm not on the past students page.

http://www.dcscork.ie/map.html

adam

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Coming from the Kinsale Road Roundabout of Death, take the first slip road for Douglas. You'll come to a wee roundabout, take the second exit heading for the city. Take the next right, and the next right after that. Douglas CS is on your right as you go around the next corner.

You can also get to it from the second slip road: Turn left at the lights, and follow the road past the Allied Irish Bank on the left. Take the next left, and DCS is down the bottom on the left. Tell Flash Adam Beecher was asking for him, and that I'm fierce disappointed I'm not on the past students page.

adam

Thats what i ment :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Koo

cheers Lads.

I'll be coming from the Tunnel Side....

If I pass Douglas Court Shopping Centre, coming from the Rochestown Hotel side, i.e. taking the second exit off the South Link, and head towards the city centre from there I'll pass the AIB on the left yes?

You can get there by coming off into Rochestown, but explaining it would be a pain in the butt. The easiest thing to do is head up to the Kinsale Road Roundabout of Death and come back in towards Douglas from there. Then follow my instructions above.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Koo

You can't get off the link into Douglas if you're coming from the tunnel direction. The easiest thing to do is head up to the Kinsale Road Roundabout of Death and come back in towards Douglas from there. Then follow my instructions above.

adam

eh? Can I not get off at the second exit (the one that goes to Carraigaline and so on and take the right at the roundabout and head down past the rochestown road? That's the way I've always gone to Douglas Court and Rochestown Hotel too.

Looks like there was a bit of overlap there :)

I'll take your advice , the Kinsale Roundabout shouldn't be that bad on a saturday morning so I should be alright :)

Sorry about that, I edited it when you were replying. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Coming from the Kinsale Road Roundabout of Death

That roundabout is the biggest joke ever.

Originally posted by sjones
    That roundabout is the biggest joke ever.

ya funny...... ha ha ha my pants are now soiled....i cycle to work and i wonder what its like to cycle through that roundabout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

god bless the magic roundabout. Never have traffic lights and magically disappearing lanes been put to use so well. Not only is it beautiful to look at, it's also highly entertaining to watch tourists caught in its tarmacy grasp... mwah ha haaaaaaa :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

hehe ..
    tell 'boco' he's some gheey laaaanger
    tee hee heee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by daveirl
    The Magic Roundabout is great! Who doesn't like lanes that disappear
    lol!:D :D

if you thought the kinsale road roundabout of death was bad, have a look at this one in Swindon click here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I've driven in Swindon and have had to use the magic roundabout. It is a doddle for anyone who has driven on the Kinsale Rd roundabout. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

By the way, does anyone know where online can you have a look at the proposed new layout for Douglas Shopping Centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

koo, just cos i'm nosey what were you doing in DCS?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement