Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Quake 2 Server

Options
  • 18-04-1998 2:40pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've emailed iol asking, nay, begging them to upgrade it from v3.10 and haven't received the courtesy of a response.
    I'd like to suggest that everyone pester them like hell to upgrade it.
    Basically, I want a low ping for a change.

Max.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

: I've emailed iol asking, nay, begging them to upgrade it from v3.10 and haven't received the courtesy of a response.
    : I'd like to suggest that everyone pester them like hell to upgrade it.
    : Basically, I want a low ping for a change.

: Max.

If I was you, I'd give up now (the noexit incident on Quake 1 still brings tears to my eyes with laughter :) IOL live in thier own little planet when it comes to setting up servers. If your determined to Play on IOL, talk to Shiva (if he's still in charge), he's an IOL customer that's proberly done more for IOL then IOL themseleves.

Although if I was you, I'd just cancel my account and get one with Tinet or Indigo (which are cheaper yes?)

Hobbes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Obi

Actually youre wrong - youd be surprised how easy things are when you have Flanagans SON in the clan:)
    Working on two new iol servers as we speak!
    obi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

: Actually youre wrong - youd be surprised how easy things are when you have Flanagans SON in the clan:)
    : Working on two new iol servers as we speak!
    : obi

Best of luck to you Obi :)
    I`ve met Barry , Colm and Ronan ( Now left ) in person on more than one occasion . I actually , physically handed the upgrade patch on a disk to Ronan . It still hasn`t been implemented. I still maintain the games mailing list for IOL , and I look after the #Quake channel on irc.iol.ie , but thats as far as I`m willing to go . Even I get sick and tired of being ignored :)

Advertisement