Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witness Tickets onsale May 11th

Options
  • 28-03-2003 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Witnness tickets go on Sale Friday May 11th - start saving!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

If they put some decent bands on that is??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

for some reason MCD have a link in the add fr this to the main Witnness site even though it hasn't been updated since the beginning of time.

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Actually there was some minor updates to the Witnness site lately ... mainly to announce that the Witnness gigs in Cork and Galway would not be taking place. Other than that the only thing they update is the release of the week.

Anyway, the action is in Punchestown (unofficially) this year. Looks like we'll have to crank up the power so you can hear when your stuck in the traffic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

surely its friday april 11th? as may 11th is a sunday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Hope the bus drivers know the way. Radiohead gig in 2001 there the bus driver tried takin us to Leopardstown, i kid you not.
    Missed support band and first bit of radiohead gig...cheers dublin bus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

May 11th is a sunday! But maybe MCD work on the Gregorian calendar!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

lets hope they get the straw out in advance this year and its not a complete quagmire.

I hear the main bands are set to be coldplay.echo and the bunneymen and morrissey,not bad for starters.........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I hate hate hate Punchestown, I was there for Ozzfest, parked my car a field away up near the gates 'to get out quick' not realising that only five metallers own cars. The crowd area was all gravel so my feet hurt like anything. And it rained, but I doubt MCD were responsible, though I'm not ruling it out. But it was a great day anyway, but Fairyhouse is the best place for witnness in my opinion.

Not least because I can be home from there and in my own bed in 20 minutes knowing I get a cooked breakfast the following morning.

If anyone wants to buy me a ticket, I'll drive them to Punchestown and back to Dublin afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

i agree, why the bloody hell are they moving it awway from fairy house....it's the witness place to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i'm with Silverfish, we should protest at the change in venue! it was only a short (drunken) walk to may abode... and that is the only good thing about living in meath

• Advertisement

Hey Tyrrial do you want to go do a lap of the shopping centre in protest??

A festival? Sure what do ye want a festival for? Haven't ye got a shopping centre?

Punchestown: it was wet and horrible there was no woodchips and the coffee was really, really bad and I'd forgotten to bring lids for my bottles of coke so they were getting watered down from all the rain and there wasn't really anywhere to sit.

Ahhhhh fairyhouse......

Last year was deadly when they brought in the fresh woodchips and we lay down on them and drank the fantastic lattes and it was still warm and the foo fighters were on and there was fireworks and everyone was happy and smiley and sunburnt (and possibly locked).

the pure perfection of wittnness! if it wasn't for losing all my friends and my little brother, bumping into my Ex-girlfriend and almost being kicked out it would have been crap!

we shall rally and they shall hear our call for fairhouse to return!
    i can only assume that karma kabbage will join us

Strangely enough, I lost all my friends, my little sister, and bumped into two exes??

Found her for the Foos though, which was good, it meant my parents were going to let me in when I got home.

I don't think they're going to change it back to Fairyhouse, despite my incessant whinging and moaning, which is normally amazingly effective, but unless I can re-house a hundred or so racehorses in my back garden for two days, I don't think they'll listen to me.

thats really weird.....
    i wonder how many people that could have happened to?

so basicly the plan is to try and find a really big garden some were very near to fairlyhouse where we can dump a few houres........

lets just hope that whinging and moaning tactic works

what you need to do is to keep a homing beacon to the ones you wanna keep.

as for the rallying...oh it's on.

fight the power

ok... well all we need now is the rest of ireland to agree with us and we're set!

it's only a matter of time i'm sure

i'm going to assume that by:
    i'm sure it is only a matter of time

you mean:
    there is no chance in hell you big crazy freak

the general message was conveyed

D'yknow, when the moderator of this board gets out of bed, and switches on his pc, and reads this thread, he's going to be mad at us.

• Advertisement

i don't think so, i've seen so many more horrible threads then this. i'm sure it'll be fine.....

hey he may be on our side on the matter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

witnness? not in fairyhouse?

say it ain't so........

tis the perfect venue.....near my house (lets face it, thats what counts!)

i pah upon punchestown:mad:

Originally posted by Silverfish
    D'yknow, when the moderator of this board gets out of bed, and switches on his pc, and reads this thread, he's going to be mad at us.

..........why???

ah why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Wools

Originally posted by Silverfish

Ahhhhh fairyhouse......

Last year was deadly when they brought in the fresh woodchips and we lay down on them and drank the fantastic lattes and it was still warm and the foo fighters were on ...

I was working (tchah! right!) for a portaloo company. The only reason there was heaps of woodchips was to cover vast amounts of horse doo-doo...

Just thought i'd let you know:)

I saw foo fighters from backstage too. It was brillo!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

What is the craic with Punchestown anyway? Is it any further from Dublin than Fairyhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Punchestown is in Kildare and Fairyhouse is in Meath - about the same distance from town

to far away for my like-in!

see there are possible advantages to punchestown if you're coming from dublin (possible )

but as a meath-ian i personal cast a negatory vote for punchestown....go fairyhouse go :D

• Advertisement

i really do hate having to say this...... espicialy in public but being from "meath" or "place of doom and gloom" i think fairhouse should be the home of witnness for a few more years to come

(few years being untill i can get an apartment in dublin)

Advertisement