Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goodies to come PART 2

Options
  • 28-03-2003 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Forgotten Hope
    This isnt a modern mod its a mod of the game which will include more maps and more accurate vehicles, Da Crapper done most of these models coz hes leet.

2.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg

New maps
    Ring of Fire
    1.jpghttp://www.bf42.com/index.php?site=file&id=46

Solomn Islands
    1.jpghttp://www.bf42.com/index.php?site=file&id=45

Should keep you all happy for a while.

Also seems Bfcentral finally ummm sold his website so thats gone from BF world.

www.bf1942.com for other maps which aint as good as these 2.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

nice indeed....
    but which servers do host these maps?

I assume the are not playable againts bots?

I don't know why... but most of the new (not official) maps aren't on any servers

jochen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The mapmakers biggest problem is getting his map on servers.
    Takes ages to get them on servers and usually only a few of the many user made ones make it.

Sort by Map being played in All Seeing Eye
    www.bf1942.com have a server and a map pack ,when we had our MOH server we have to do the same to get maps to players.

But DC should have no such problem or EVE but i think Forgotten Hope may struggle.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The problem with putting maps on servers is that they're a great way of emtping a server. since the majority of players dont bother to download and just go else where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Exactly, players whine about new maps but never actually download them with CS they ahd the option to use Sv_allowdownload (not sure if thats the SV) and newer games and bandwidth prices that option simply isnt possible.

We get people on TMT asking all the time about Sv_allowdownload the cost of allowing a server with 200GB+ throughput a month to allow extra bandwidth would be enormous.

So any 56kers if you need Maps n Mods i will put them on a CD and post them to you :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

i might just take you up on that

shin

• Advertisement
Advertisement