Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religion forum please?

Options
  • 28-03-2003 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭

Hello Devore,

I was wondering if you could set up a forum discussing religion, or is it a bit too much of a dodgy issue? I think it would be a good idea especially in the light of current situations all over the world. I dunno it would need a really good moderator, someone who had studied theology or something, either way- a moderator who's on the ball.

What d'ya think?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

humanities isn't good enough for you ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

So long as there is no proslatisation about (my religion is better then yours) and all of the fanatics confine themselves to ye olde religion board, then woopdie do.

Praise John Lennon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

yes I agree Typedef, that would need to be one of the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

What function would this forum serve that can't be covered by the existing Humanities forum?

I thought it could be a place where people could discuss, the Koran, bible, old/new testament etc. No? ok then it was just an idea, I suppose humanities suffices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Typedef
    So long as there is no proslatisation about (my religion is better then yours) and all of the fanatics confine themselves to ye olde religion board, then woopdie do.

Rule number one if the thing was running.

Thumbs down from me (for what that's worth) for the moment - Humanities seems to cover the ground quite well - and there have been a few religious discussions on that board of late.

Having said that there aren't all that many places on the web to discuss the intricacies of canon law (for example). Whether that's a good thing or not is another matter (and an ecumenical matter:D imho)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well, if there was a religion board.. what would happen to the paganism board?

Nothing, I imagine,

this would be purely for writing about religious texts and meanings etc, I dunno, if you all think humanities is grand and does the job then I will shy away into the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Mordeth
    well, if there was a religion board.. what would happen to the paganism board?

It would be slowly edged out and assimilated by the established church as it expands outwards.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

But seriously though, not needed imo. Religious discussion is more than welcome in Humanities and though it's infrequent, when a religious discussion starts it becomes heated and ususally very intellectual.

Ok all opinions taken into account I will use the humanties forum to discuss the ideas that I have in my head.

...Thanks all!

• Advertisement
Advertisement