Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many PC games out??

Options
  • 28-03-2003 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Is there too many games out???
    At home i have these uncomplete due to time restraints granted we made most of them in work so i didnt pay for them but the fact remains they aint complete and probably never will be.

Unreal 2 (start of 2nd level)
    Age of Myth (about 3rd into it played online more than SP)
    Raven Shield (not even installed)
    Splinter Cell (about half way tru)
    Black Hawk Down (played 1st mission died havent looked at it since)
    Deadly Dozen pt 2 (about half way tru like this actually bought it)
    Need for Speed 2 (played few races ,play on LAN most of time)
    Fifa 2003 (finished one season)

The list goes on and on and on i have most of the the top ten an any stage of year cept MMMMMMMMMMOOOORPGS ,dont like them.

If i have time to play a game i open ASE and join a BF1942 server.

Do too many games come out at same time for PC ??
    Whereis console their seems to be a gap like the releases have some sort of planning behind them like 2 FPS will never come out same week on a console, but on PC you could have 5 in one week.
    This week i seen artwork for devastation and Viet cong so we be doing them soon.

Is there too many PC games???

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Is there too many games out???
    At home i have these uncomplete due to time restraints granted we made most of them in work so i didnt pay for them but the fact remains they aint complete and probably never will be.

What exactly do you mean here? You made most of them in work and didn't pay for them? Do you mean you warezed them in work? I must obviously be mistaken as talk of having illegal copies of games is forbidden according to the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They are legal copies ,samples would be a better name for them.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

As long as there is a demand for games of course the companies are gonna be churning them out! :) more power to them cause there is some quaity stuff out there.

im mega impressed with Splinter Cell more games that like that puleaaseeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Merc most of the games i play are old.

Serious Sam €10 for 2 copies (best game i played in years).
    FAKK2 €7
    ONI €7

With the exception of BF1942 every other game i play is old.
    But like one Viet Cong game comes out then Ubisoft make 5 ,EA make one 2015 make one then when they all complete there is 12 to choose from and none offering anything new only jungle settings.
    Just too many games out :(

Like people with Cubes would have their games purchases planned out for the year. knowing if one FPS comes out it will be a damn good one and will keep em happy for months.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

KdjaC: Like people with Cubes would have their games purchases planned out for the year.

I find my budget keeps me in the same kind of situation... It doesn't stretch as far as owning several relatively good games at the same time.. I only buy (in my opinion) the best game at the time..

It's like Christmas time. I buy my son a couple of PS2 titles every Christmas.. I ask him to make a choice, and only choose one game to play, until it is completed... Invariably he ends up trying to play both at the same time, and gets bored with both of them relatively quick... If he stumbes upon a difficult challenge, he'll swap over to the other game instead of trying to overcome it...

If I only gave him one game, he would play it until it was completed, regardless of how difficult it became.

So why give him two at the same time? He'll learn...

What's the solution to your problem? Only play the games you pay for. Only play one at a time.. You'll ultimately enjoy the experience more..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The games companies didnt make you buy all these games, so stop buying games until you finish what you have, THEN buy a new game, finish splinter cell, you could finish it within 3hours if your already half way through easily. You could also do unreal2 in about 5hours as theres only 13 levels in the game (23 if you include the 10interludes which is a glorified mission brief and takes 2mins to do).

I aint played any of the rest of them so I cant comment on them tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Completing games these days can be a real bloody chore. They're full of filler you need to trawl through. I wouldn't wish that crap on my kids.

Death to memory cards. I wish every game was designed to be finished in >3 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

you just enjoy the rush of online mp.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes lots of PC games unfortunately most of them are completely dire. Unreal 2 is a prime example. If your into action games the pc is a format to avoid at the moment. hopefully devastation will prove me wrong.

• Advertisement

I find the better game si used to wait a while when they came out then seek advice here.
    And buy them at half price but since i started in that job im bringing home a legal copy of the latest games every week and they suck mostly.

Someone with less kids and more free time should have my job :p

I got Oni on rec of someone in IRC and its excellent.
    Serious sam from a thread here and its excellent.

But they is tonnes of games and most are crap, im hoping Indy Jones will be a good game when it finally comes out.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

If you dont have serious sam 2, get it, pretty much more of the same, but the sniper rifle and chainsaw are great craic in it, the flamers good against large mass's of kleer, but its not surperb. Enough blasting and doom style secrets to keep you occupied for about 2days of constant play (so about a week or more if you play about 2hours a day).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DCULLY666

Lots of new stuff about and NO they are not dire.
    The past month ive got CandC generals,Nascar 2003,Raven Shield, Road to rome[ BF 1942 expansion], IL2 Sturmovik forgotten battles and today picked up Toca race driver and Black hawk down and probably Champ manager 4 soon .Add this to my addiction of Day of defeat and battlefield and my Nascar league,i wont say theres too much but too much i want :)
    Today while in Game in Tallaght there was a huge queue and from what i saw almost all were buying PC stuff.
    The 20 mins i was there i counted 19 guys come in walk straight over to CM4 stall and without the usual reading of case picked up a copy and proceed to queue.
    I was talking to a couple of guys who were whinging that they are broke with all the new stuff coming out.One guy said he purchased 2 games for pc last weekend and 2 more today [Raven shield and Black hawk down] but said there was 5 new games released this weekend which he classed as must haves.
    Boy am i glad i sold my xbox this month!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I don't play much strategy or racing games except mario kart games and C+C Generals isn't exactly Starcraft/Warcraft is it. Any way your right about the xbox. There hasn't been a good game since splinter cell and before that it was Halo. Panzer Dragoon is nice though.
    Sorry i know, PC games only.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Originally posted by KdjaC
    But they is tonnes of games and most are crap, im hoping Indy Jones will be a good game when it finally comes out.

Seen it around the net warezed so it must be due out soon, as well as Vietcong and a few other intresting titles. Anyone know the release date for Indy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ur prob is your playing too many at once thats all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

theres a good few games out, but theres little or no excellent games out (in my opinion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DCULLY666

theres a good few games out, but theres little or no excellent games out (in my opinion)

Have you tried Battlefield,Sturmovik,Raven Shield or BHD?
    All 4 are excellent with exception of AI in BHD, but to be honest i got it for online play anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I buy as many games as I can play at one time.
    Then, when I get fed up with a game, or finish with it for whatever reason, then I go and get something else.

Typically, for me, that means having very few "new" games at any one time. If there's more out there than I can play, then I dont play them all....just like I dont complain when there's good stuff on multiple TV channels and I can only watch one (or watch one and tape one).

Upshot....I'm not always buying games when they're brand new, so quite often I pick them up after a few months when the market is going through a slow patch, and somewhere like play.com has them cheapie.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Action, you say? When you have AVP, Halflife, MOA, Oni, Serious Sam, Jedi Knight 2 and soon Doom3, what more action do you need?

Any given level for AvP and Oni never play the same way, and Half life can always take you by surprise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement