Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 7650 infrared

• 28-03-2003 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

i have a nokia 7650 phone but am unable to download any new applications for the phone as my computer does not have any infrared capibilities, i know you can get a usb infrared adaptor and was wandering does anyone know where i can get one, preferably pretty cheap as i just need it for downloading a few applications

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

Best thing you can do if you are going to make a purchase is buy a bluetooth adapter(Wavelink) one is pretty good(dabs etc..)

Another good source is laptops(infra red port), find a mate with a laptop and ye can push it that way.

Otherwise if you have a friend with a infra red adapter he/she could install the app and then bluetooth it to you.

for some weird reason infrared is dearer than bluetooth, go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

ye i use my laptop for infrared, but its a bit annoying when you transfer a file and have to take the phone up into your hand to install the file, losing the infrared connection.

best thing to get would be bluetooth alright, it has a range of up to 10 metres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

if it's only a few apps you can download them as email attachments to your phone and install them from there - could work out cheaper than buying some extra hardware

you would need to set up am Internet ISP dial-up (pre-pay or postpay) or gprs connection (postpay and o2 pre-pay) (not WAP) and a POP or IMAP email account on the phone - if you have any hassle setting that up post back and we can hep out

although a bluetooth adapter would be a good move in the long run - do ask here first to check if people have a model you are looking at running ok with the 7650 before you go buying it

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

You can buy them here for only GB£29.

I've purchased from this company before with any problems.

V10 ;)

Advertisement