Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Favourite AD doing the rounds!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

The Sprite one with the lil monster. I find it funny but, no doubt, like a lotta other things, it's wasted on me 'cos I haven't seen the film it's taking the piss from. Is it a pisstake?

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

my vote has gotta go for the car ad....methinks its for Honda?? you know the one where all the different pieces of the car are spread out around the room....the chain reaction type one!! took 4 months to make!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

All the John Smith ads and that "John West" one with the guy fighting the bear :) (dont think they show it anymore though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

Originally posted by Swifty
    All the John Smith ads and that "John West" one with the guy fighting the bear :) (dont think they show it anymore though)

they do! friend of mine saw it for the first time the other night...thought it was hilarious!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by oneweb
    The one for the UK Yellow Pages is hilarious! He(James Nesbit) tries to cut his girl's hair

That one's great! :D

I'm going to cheat and say sprite radio ads :

Ad 1....

"Do you like boy bands?"
    *cheer
    "Do you like pop music?"
    *cheer
    "So you're deaf as well as stupid."

Ad 2....

"We're going to test you speakers. From the left speaker you will hear Blue"
    from the left speakers"Blue"
    "From the right speaker you will hear Yellow"
    from the right speakers"Yellow"
    "Now both together."
    GREEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

my favourite ads at the moment are the discovery channel ones "the discovery channel, because you just have to know" or something to that effect. The one with the father feeding his son is pure class, cant remember the other ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Originally posted by Swifty All the John Smith ads and that "John West" one with the guy fighting the bear (dont think they show it anymore though)
    That ad is hilarious, i have an avi clip of it, just cracks me up with the bear throwing his funky shapes :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Anyone seen the Irish Times AD? The one with the dogs singing to the song!!! That rox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i am loving the Tango ads again. i haven't seen them in ages but then about a week ago i saw one and i'm seeing them ever since. i love the commentary on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Heh, i think youll find its lots of takes composited together. Most of the motion looks a bit off. Id guess theres a fair amount of CG in there.

wtf omg bs

http://www.dailytelegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/04/13/nhonda13.xml

I still cant believe its real :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

A great ad is the honda ad with the big contraption ( isn't it gr8 when things just work)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

It has to be the Heino weekender adds with the transformers.
    The first night I saw them, they went on for about 5 mins. It was gas, they showed about 6 of them in a row. It was like watching a mini film (comedy of course)

I remember the heino weekender adds last year were of similar quality:

one more choon, one more choon!

The regular heino add with the guy at the party taking the 2 bottles of Heino that were hidden insie a cooked chicken! Fupin Gas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

indeed, definatley the best are the The Transformers, i ve only seen 4 i think...
    "Ma! they're kickin' me out of the band!!"
    "Tranformers..?? bunch of saps..."
    They're playing in the front garden and the gardai arrive.

cant remember the last one :mad: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by nesthead

cant remember the last one :mad: :rolleyes:

"swarm of helicopters" in the studio

"Hes been in there 3 hours" in the studio

"Mirror falls of van - saps"

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

It is a bit old but the John West add has to be top..when he goes up to the bear and kicks him in the nuts...brill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Does anyone remember the ad from about 6 years ago for the orange juice drink (like Sunny D). It had one of those generic animated characters in it. A family is eating their dinner and yer man jumps out of nowhere and starts talkingto them. They all start screaming and running away from the little orange guy...
    that was bloody hilarious :p what the hell was it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

That Honda ad is very good. Havent seen it on TV tho.

The ad that cracks me up the most at the moment would have to be the new Orange ads staring the Hard Nosed Businessman. he is such a wicked bástard :)

Advertisement