Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewarrior.

• 28-03-2003 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Just saw this in the newest white dwarf.Im apprehensive of 40k computer games.The one decent game was spacehulk and thats real old.But as an fps fan im really really hoping this will be good,but Tau main character BAD IDEA!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It certainly looks the bizness, but you're right, GW games have never exactly set the world alight (although I did quite like Final Liberation and Space Hulk). I think the problem was they were too true to the board games, and weren't really that different from them(apart from using silly arseways menus)

If they can do away with the rules, or hide them better, then it might work. I've always wanted to play a WH40K FPS, and if the story and enemy are on the same level as the visuals, then they're onto a winner...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I always wanted to play that spacehulk, however I thought Chaos Gate was SUPERB single player, and Final Liberation was great fun in a skirmish. Neither game was famous, but both were great fun, leveling up your marines in chaos gate was always fun, and equipping them as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

If it was on PC it might be a better seller as PS2 makes for bad FPS's with those joypads. :(

They may make a few more FPS's if this one sells well.

I always considered wargaming to be a bit of a more "grownup" game, few kids can ever seem to take it seriously...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I saw some mention of a PC version too, although I haven't visited the website in quite some time now...

[cynic]
    As long as it looks pretty and has big explosions and shiny things, it should do well on PS2...
    [/cynic]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

There is a pc version for sure last time I checked.What ive seen looks good but hwat would make me weep tears of joy would be if a bf1942 style 40k game was made,im sure a mod for bf1942 is plausable which would also make me a very happy person,anyone know how to make mods for bf1942 by any chance?

• Advertisement

There are a few WH40K total conversions for several FPS (Half Life and Quake sites might be the best places to look), and I'm sure there's one for Myth II-Soulblighter.

www.portent.net is where I found this out, somewhere in the pic of the week archives...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Theres 2 HL mods, but neither have been released yet.

Advertisement