Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to the pill.

• 28-03-2003 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Strange all the pill posts up at the moment. My mate told me about this injection his gf gets every few months instead of the pill. It's supposed to be new enough.

But anyway...they haven't used a condom since switching from the pill, so I was wondering what 'all think. Is it safer? Is he mad? Does it prevent 'pill arse'?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi there,

yea, the injection u are talking bout is prolly the depo provera shot...i was on it for a good while, to be honest i didnt have the best experience with it. i put on a pile of weight with it, and it made me moody at times. i also got a three month period from it...and when u go off of it, even if uve only ever had one shot, it can take AGES for u to get back to normal. as i said that was MY experience with it, and my friends have had both positive and negative experiences with it.

one of my friends had an experience similar to mine, another few tho didnt put on any weight, no mood change, and best of all their periods stopped! so i guess it can suit some people and not others.

it is a very reliable form of contraception tho...its more reliable than female steralisation, so that says a lot. its 99% effective or sumthing like that. google on it and ull see proper stats. so i wudnt worry too much about not using a condom when ur on it, if u take the shots on time...tis safer than the pill.

so dats it anyways...hope it helped sumwhat. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

good site here Hope it helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Yeppers Merlin, Ruu has given you the best site to see it all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

best of all their periods stopped!
    a_guest: thanks for logging in anon to answer my question!
    Periods stopping altogether sounds very ...dodgey?! I'm obviously as far from knowledgable in this area as anyone could possible be! :p

Thanks Ruu. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

heres another good site, an Irish one, click here only glad i could help :)

• Advertisement

Very good, that's everything I need to know. Apparently periods stopping are not a health issue wrt Depo-provera.

The main reason I posted this thread is that for me, condoms spoil sex. I feel little or nothing, whereas without...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by merlin_bar

The main reason I posted this thread is that for me, condoms spoil sex. I feel little or nothing, whereas without...;)

thats why they invented anal sex....

Tried that, not really my thing. Plus, I wouldn't expect her to do anything I wouldn't do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 devine

Well theres a new drug out you can ask about it in the docters well im on it the stuck this little thing in the inside of my arm. i get my period still but if im sick or im on medication it works

Advertisement