Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I-Stream Hacking

Options
  • 28-03-2003 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭

have been using this service for several months with no problems , but in the last week my firewall has been going crazy.

It seems another i-stream user kid is scanning , my firewall is going nutz, every time its an i-stream ip, and is beginning to annoy me.

Have checked the ip..is most certainly not eircom..its some twat scanning...

Anyone else seen the same recently?, am about to report this person, as have made logs of exact times and dates and ips.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

umm will check zonealarm when i get home tbh i dont look at it much.
    I assume Zonelarm is doing its job If its repeated more than likely someone who doesnt like you.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

longlad..

Youre dead right to report them. Eircom are going to want the firewall logs, but you dont have to give them. Exact dates and times usually suffice. I've had to make a few complaints to them about hosted machines before.

Anyway, as long as scans are showing up in the logs then it's almost safe to say that he hasnt got in. Best thing to do would be block and log his IP completely. Then give all the info to eircom.

His logic may be to stick on the Eircom ADSL allocated block, because generally irish security is pretty lax.

Advertisement