Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I-stream sharing problems

Options
  • 29-03-2003 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

When I use internet connection sharing with i-stream it's as if only one pc has "full access" to the net, mine. I can connect to irc, ping addresses etc with the computer which is connecting through THIS one. If I try to connect through the other PC I get the same thing. I've got Windows XP (grrng). Oh I've got a zyxel router as well.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

XP ics can be a right pain , I use AnalogX Proxy which has socks 5 support so irc works fine (including dcc) from the other machines, as well as everything else. Its freeware and is simple to set up.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by melachi
    When I use internet connection sharing with i-stream it's as if only one pc has "full access" to the net, mine. I can connect to irc, ping addresses etc with the computer which is connecting through THIS one. If I try to connect through the other PC I get the same thing. I've got Windows XP (grrng). Oh I've got a zyxel router as well.

Any ideas?

Why are you using ICS if you have a router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    Why are you using ICS if you have a router?

What am I supposed to use then?
    There are 4 ports in the router. Someone has to dial up ?

How can I do it differently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

If it actually is a router, then the router 'dials up'
    Is it configured as a bridge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭ClonmelMan

There are 4 ports in the router. Someone has to dial up ?

Some Routers do not have a DSL modem built into them.
    If your's don't then you need a modem with an Ethernet connection to connect directly to the uplink on the WAN side Router and your PC's connect to the LAN ports.

You may have a switch or a hub and not a Router, in that case you will need to use one PC as the Router and connect to the modem with USB and just share the connection, the disadvantage is that the first PC will always need to be connected for the other to have internet access

• Advertisement
Advertisement