Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI PC offer April 3rd

• 29-03-2003 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

-P4 2.66GHz
    -512MB DDR RAM
    -120GB 7200rpm Seagate HDD
    -Radeon 9600TX 128MB DDR
    -AGP 8X
    -DVD RW (4x2 i think)
    -CD burner (48x12 or 52x24)
    -Compact Flash, Smart Media, Memory Stick & xD card readers
    -5 x USB, Firewire ports
    -Remote control
    -DVD Dolby digital home cinema system (6 channel)

Stereo TV tuner, Stereo radio tuner, Digital video recorder with time-shift function

Nothing else.
    €1199.00

Here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

jesus aldi pull another decent one out of the bag, if only i had the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

that loan better come through by thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Whats there TFT monitor like does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I have the one from a few months back, was same price but only had 256MB, no dvd-rw, had a GF4 Ti4200 and no home cinema doiley with remote..

Still, a ****ing brilliant machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Lidl have a pc on offere this week as well for 699 Euro. It looks a bit anaemic compared to the Aldi one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i would be interested in the TFT monitor but is it worth it and is it good for gaming.i got these specs from the site:

can anyone make english out of them and tell me what exactly they are, and is the monitor any good.

15" TFT Colour Monitor with built-in speakers €249.99
    Maximum resolution 1024 x 768. • Viewing angle 120° horizontal 100° vertical • Contrast 300:1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

that moniter is the same spec as the basic dell one, which i can tell you is crap we have a few of them at collage and after a while [less than an hour ] you will be daised and not be able to see straight.You are better off going for a 19" CRT, for the same price.But then again it might be a good moniter you wont know unless you try it, you can always bring it back if its crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

you can always bring it back if its crap

yea, but will ye get a refund?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dj_deevey

well i got one of the Aldi TFT's jan 2002 with one of their PC's and all i have to say is WOW... its still the s**t and worth as much as any of the crap they sell in dixons or the like and working away like a trojan..

and i do alot of 3d / video type stuff as well as playing games and its great... havent found any eyestrain probs or any real ghosting or refresh probs and im looking at this mosta the day (bout 12 hrs at a time normally - with coffee breaks) i can still see

Regarding the reliability of the stuff .... i use this PC+screen for doing visuals in clubs so it gets some amount of abuse... e.g thrown in the back of a car boot alongside all makes n shaped of flightcases etc.. and i usually throw the TFT (minus the base) into an old laptop bag with a sheet of cardboard to cover it
    it hasnt let me down or crashed halfway through a gig yet..

AND customer support is quite amazing for medion , OK so i did have to make a five min phone call to medion in the UK (mainboard failure), but they had the parts shipped to me in less than 24 hrs (called monday evening round 6ish, parts were waiting at home at 5 when i got home next day!) i didnt wait for the service guy to install the parts, however he came over to coolect the bits and told me that i shouldnt have done it etc... may not be under garuntee anymore but had a look inside to make sure everything was OK , but no probs since :)

Regarding bringing it back... Only if t doesnt do what it says on the tin (e.g. WORK) so i was told by the manager in ALDI in northside SC, however they will replace anything on the spot if it simply doesnt work

other option is to go with one of the TFT's in Argos for 289... ??? hell its cheap... think i may go for a second one of the monitors in ALDI for that price though ... wouldnt mind a dual setup :)

my two cents

laters

steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Do those TFT monitors aldi supply use DVI or regular VGA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

how regular are these special offers on pc's ?
    mighty tempting
    mmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dj_deevey

Regular VGA ... makes it kinda handy :)

Advertisement