Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

automatic disconnection of internet connection

Options
  • 29-03-2003 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

hey everyone,
    just wondering is there anyway to force my internet connection to disconnect automatically at a certain time..say 7.50 am for example... im using windows...

thanks

ps: didnt knwo where to post something like this so i thought here would be a good place. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I use GetRight to do that. It being a file downloader as well is just a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

cool beans.. thanks sceptre.ill do that so..anyone else gots any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

there's prolly an app out there that disconnects any open connections (i'm sure i've got it on a demo cd somewhere...)
    get task scheduler to run that at a certain time...

(sorry about the vaugeness, i'll edit later if i find what i'm talking about)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This is probably worth a look. I use GetRight only because I'm used to having it on the machine anyway - given that it's like using a knife to open a tin, you might be better off with a tin opener:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

thats exactly what i was looking for sceptre...tested it last night and it worked!! thanks!! :)

thanks tman as well!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement