Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For attention of border county people

Options
  • 29-03-2003 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the deal with this freeview or free to air tv that they get in England and up the north? Can people in Louth, Monaghan, Cavan, Donegal etc pick up on this new service. For the sake of a once off payment for the decoder box you get 30 channels. For obvious reasons the TV shops here in Dundalk are reticent about letting me know!
    Check out freeviewdotcodotuk for the full details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

S'up fool !

Watters in Culloville are doing it for €160. Their guy told me that if we can pick up channel 5 then it would be likely that we could receive these extra channels, we can't, so he also suggested a small investment in a wide band aeriel, about €60 IRC. May give it a go. Although the channels aren't all that great and I have Sky digital anyway.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes it's possible but
    1. you need a very good signal
    2. you need to be picking up your signal from a DTT-upgraded transmitter (Brougher Mtn, Holywell, Divis, etc)

I live in Donegal and although I cannot pick it up myself (rely on deflector system), some can. My boss can pick it up at his house up the road with incoming levels of about 42 dB (before amplification). Uses a Daewoo box as it claims to "work where others can't"

Indeed, it is very handy if you have sufficient signal levels to utilise Freeview.

Me, I'll have to make do with Sky and my FreeToView card! ;)

Advertisement