Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apocalypse later

Options
  • 29-03-2003 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

aren't you surprised by the difficulties of the first military power country to achieve this flash and technological war?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

I have to say "Apocalypse later" is a very funny title, and will have to remember it.

Another title that may be more predictive of the very near future when Saddam is safely behind bars is "Revelations later".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

well, as you seem to be an american with good manners i'm ok to talk with you:)

revelations on what exactly?
    what will we learn we don't already know today?

and i would like to know if you have an idea about what is exactly the projects of rumsfeld in long term.

I'm guessing the revelations that come when Saddam & Co. are out and the U.S. is in will be along the lines of what kind of chemical and biological military agents were actually stocked by Iraq and in what amounts. We'll probably hear and see much about torture and murder by Saddam's henchmen, and this will come directly from people who have no axe to grind but only want to get the truth out. There will probably also be an interesting accounting of why Iraqi money available for medicines didn't get spent for that purpose between Gulf Wars. We may not hear too much from Al Jazeera about all this, and I think French media will be fairly quiet about it too.

(I was trying to be a little funny in my earlier post by following up the Douay-Rheims version's "Apocalypse" with the King James version's "Revelations". And I'm a Mickey, not a Prod!)

was it a scoop?!
    we know that. everybody knows who is saddam and how cruel he is with the iraqi.
    damn! hopefully bush administration gave finally that reason for legitimate this war, otherwise what butchery that could be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I deleted them, and now look a little better.

what posts have you deleted? and why?

ah ok, cause i'm fighting with other americans in another forum and it's not a piece of cake:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by lili
    and i would like to know if you have an idea about what is exactly the projects of rumsfeld in long term.

TBH I don't know. But I can take a good guess that the US will go into Iran next, without UN backing or going to the UN.

Not that you have to worry about anything longterm after that.

... here is an Intresting read on the US projects for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by TomF
    I'm guessing the revelations that come when Saddam & Co. are out and the U.S. is in will be along the lines of what kind of chemical and biological military agents were actually stocked by Iraq and in what amounts. We'll probably hear and see much about torture and murder by Saddam's henchmen, and this will come directly from people who have no axe to grind but only want to get the truth out.
    As lili pointed out that Saddam is a brutal dictator will not surprise anyone. As for the discovery of chemical weapons, had UN inspectors discovered them, the World would have been far more likely to accept this. The credibility of the US has regrettably been stretched so far with regard to this war to such an extent that you may even see western governments being openly sceptical in the event of chemical weapons being discovered post-invasion.
    Originally posted by Hobbes
    TBH I don't know. But I can take a good guess that the US will go into Iran next, without UN backing or going to the UN.
    While named as a member of the Axis of Evil and indeed in possession of a nuclear programme, support for terrorist groups (although steadily decreasing since their revolution - Syria is a way bigger candidate in this respect), it would be difficult to see how the US could justify an invasion of Iran. After all, Iran is happily trading with much of the EU, has been slowly but surely reforming itself and has never invaded anyone. I also suspect that the threat of an invasion of Iran will result in far more than simple fist waving from the Europeans, in particular the Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I really doubt that, with the amount of hassle they're having right now they'll be glad when it's finally over and they can take their toys home. If nothing else, this war will serve to educate the US military on their true strengths and limitations.

Teeth.

Advertisement