Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing the politics forum

Options
  • 29-03-2003 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭

I think that there should be two forums, one on domestic politics, another on international politics. I am interested in Irish politics and have found that a lot of posts in the politics section concentrate on international issues

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Should the politics forum be changed 12 votes

Is this forum fine the way it is
    0% 0 votes
    Should there be two separate forums "Irish politics" and "international politics"
    100% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its fine as it is. Daves right, if something is dominating the news media its dominating this forum too. There is I'm sure other stuff going on but I dunno what it is as the media are'nt telling me! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I seriously thought about propsing what johnnymcgee just did...or perhaps of asking that we get a temporary "war" forum, but decided it wasnt necessary.

The politics forum discusses the "Issues du Jour". Coming up to elections and referenda, you wont hear boo about a foreign issue. At the moment, you'll hear SFA about national issues other than those which are war-related.

Its a pity that other issues get sidelined or swamped, but if there was an interesting national issue which was getting discussed here, I'd consider stickying the thread to make sure it didnt get lost in the masses of war threads.

At the end of the day, the posters discuss what the posters wish to discuss. If you feel something is underrepresented, then post about it. If others are interested, they will respond. If not, then accept that there isnt huge interest in it.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

As daveirl said it really depends on the hot topic of the day and at the moment its the Iraqi war. Last year it was Nice & the general election. Leave it as it is imho.

Gandalf.

Advertisement